NEW YORK (AP) — Keldon Johnson caught the ball near center court and heaved in a prayer of a shot at the regulation buzzer that sent Kentucky players and fans into a pulsating frenzy.
LOUISVILLE — With room to run and time to throw against Louisville, Kentucky quarterback Terry Wilson had it easy living up to his nickname as "Terry Touchdown."
LEXINGTON — Kentucky's hope of winning with style coming out of an off week quickly evolved into doing whatever it could to get past Vanderbilt.
LEXINGTON — For one half, No. 17 Kentucky's offense showed the intensity that helped earn its first Top 25 in nearly 11 years. When things sputtered afterward against South Carolina, the Wildcats' defense rose to the challenge with clutch plays to ensure their new-found status ended on a high note.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) -- Florida State coach Willie Taggart wasn't expecting Louisville to throw the ball late. Neither was Seminoles defensive back A.J. Westbrook.
LEXINGTON (AP) -- Back in the Top 25 for the first time in nearly 11 years, 17th-ranked Kentucky now must meet the challenge that comes with having a target on its back.
LEXINGTON — Short touchdown runs that put Kentucky ahead turned out being just the start for Benny Snell Jr. The junior running back took his game up a notch with a pair of longer TDs that not only earned a couple Wildcats records, but put the exclamation point on a thorough upset of No. 14 …
The Colonels and Redhawks are both among the Football Championship Subdivision leaders in rushing offense through the first three weeks of the season.
LEXINGTON (AP) -- Coach Mark Stoops has Kentucky football heading in the right direction with consecutive winning seasons after three losing campaigns.
The Eastern Kentucky University baseball team was one of only 48 NCAA Division I programs, and one of only two Ohio Valley Conference teams, to receive a 2017-18 American Baseball Coaches Association (ABCA) Team Academic Excellence Award, the organization announced last week.
The Eastern Kentucky University soccer team has been picked by league head coaches and sports information directors to finish second out of 11 teams in the Ohio Valley Conference this season.
- OVC FOOTBALL: Jacksonville State the favorite once again
- ‘I wasn’t ready to walk away from it’: Central’s McManus to join wrestling team at the University of the Cumberlands
- Colonels to honor 2007, 2008 teams
- OVC FOOTBALL: EKU picked sixth in preseason media poll
- Nowlin takes second at Illinois Open
- EKU’s Ochsenbein part of no-htter
- ‘A long time coming’: NCAA approves redshirt rule
- EKU baseball players set for summer league action
- EKU TRACK: Coleman places second in NCAA finals
- EKU BASEBALL: Holderbach finalist for top award for college catchers
- Kleman returns to EKU soccer program
- EKU BASKETBALL: Hamilton set to host summer youth camps
- EKU’s Coleman qualifies for NCAA Championships
- EKU’s season ends in California
- OVC BASEBALL: Colonels surge past Dayton, 11-6
- WOMEN'S COLLEGE GOLF: Kristinsdottir, Owens Moberly and Lindahl receive top honors
- WOMEN'S COLLEGE GOLF: EKU still in third at OVC Championships
- OVC CHAMPIONSHIPS: Colonels in third place after first round
- Colonels turning in solid results
- Colonels split doubleheader with rival Morehead State
- NCAA HOOPS: OVC Tourney returning to Evansville
- OVC BASEBALL: Colonels set to take on Morehead
- NCAA TOURNAMENT: Kentucky stops Buffalo cold, 95-75
- NIT: Cardinals rally past Norse; WKU tops Boston College
- UK HOOPS: Kentucky tops Vols, wins fourth straight SEC tourney title
- UK HOOPS: Gabriel, Cats use 3-point barrage to beat Alabama
- Brooks earns postseason accolades
- OVC BASEBALL: EKU set for series with Coppin State
- Feldhaus, Bosley earn all-conference honors
- USA SOUTH WOMEN: Berea College falls in conference tournament title game
- UK HOOPS: Kentucky uses balanced scoring to blow out Missouri
- UofL BASKETBALL: Louisville tops Virginia Tech on Snider's 7 3-pointers
- USA SOUTH WOMEN: Berea College rolls into conference tournament finals
- Berea College set for USA South semis
- USA SOUTH: Mountaineers wrap up season with loss
- OVC BASKETBALL: EKU men get road win at Tennessee State
- UK HOOPS: Kentucky beats Alabama behind Washington's 16 points
- UofL HOOPS: No. 14 North Carolina tops Louisville
- USA SOUTH HOOPS: Lady Mountaineers roll in to conference semifinals
- USA SOUTH WOMEN: Lady Mountaineers clinch division title
- CRIME REPORT: Police say Walmart employee was stealing gift cards
- KSP investigating escaped inmate in Madison County
- Community Watch: Warrants and Crime Tips — December 8, 2018
- UPDATE: Health department investigating Hep A case in a food handler
- KSP arrests two for robbery, kidnapping
- CRIME REPORT: Man charged with possession of forged instrument
- CRIME REPORT: Deputies arrest Richmond man for trafficking heroin
- Helping out for the holidays
- CRIME REPORT: Woman charged with having meth
- Friends give 'small gesture' to inmates