The Richmond Raceway roared back into action on Saturday with an incredibly busy card of racing.
The guidelines for re-opening put in place by Gov. Andy Beshear have left many local businesses in an extremely unusual position.
Officials with Richmond Girls Softball have announced a plan they hope will return action to the fields of Irvine-McDowell Park this year.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The smell of barbecue wafts through the parking lots hours before kickoff at Arrowhead Stadium, and when the first salvo of fireworks explode overhead, thousands of Chiefs fans begin to march en masse toward the entrance gates.
Bill Lupinos and the staff of the Richmond Raceway had to make a lot of unusual preparations to get the dirt track ready for a return to action on Saturday night.
Officials with the Richmond Little League are moving forward -- cautiously -- with a plan they hope will lead to the return of youth baseball this summer to Lake Reba.
Madison County Youth Football League officials are optimistic that their teams will be able to get onto the field, safely, this fall.
Officials with the Richmond Little League are moving forward — cautiously — with a plan they hope will lead to the return of youth baseball this summer to Lake Reba.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Secretariat is the early 7-2 favorite for this weekend’s virtual Kentucky Derby, an animated race between all 13 Triple Crown winners on the day the Derby would have been held before the coronavirus pandemic postponed it.
On Monday afternoon, Governor Andy Beshear recommended that students not return to in-class instruction this school year because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
With high schools, colleges and professional sports stopping or postponing play because of COVID-19, it has brought a screeching halt to sporting events.
- Funeral arrangements announced for Prewitt
- YOUTH GOLF: Madison County standouts shining in regional, state-wide tours
- DIRT TRACK: Richmond Raceway roars back into action, still without fans
- Colonel Club Golf Classic postponed
- Curtis named new head coach at Southern
- Camp S.O.A.R focuses on conditioning and learning
- Teammates, coaches dealing with difficult emotions after loss of 17-year-old Manny Prewitt
- Search continues for Central football player
- UPDATED: 'ONE MORE DAY FOR MANNY': Central students honor classmate, search continues
- Berea College looks to Lewis to lead baseball program
- Central's Deck honored
- EKU's Howie named Academic All-American for third-straight year
- YOUTH GOLF: Eberle takes title in Ohio
- Gibson Bay Golf Course offers scooters
- USA SOUTH ATHLETICS: Berea turns to Lewis to lead baseball program
- DIRT TRACKING RACING: Busy night at Richmond Raceway (without fans again)
- Kick-off times set for EKU football games
- Colonels keep excelling in the classroom
- Richmond Girls Softball set to combine spring and fall seasons
- Richmond Raceway set for action again, without fans
- ROLLING AGAIN: Galaxy Bowling Center re-opens after 71 days
- Richmond Girls Softball combining spring and fall because of COVID-19
- GOLF: Berea Country Club gets new look, new name under new owners
- EKU, local high school coaches unite against racism
- DIRT TRACK: Fisher wins again at Richmond Raceway
- Future of stadiums, arenas promises high tech, low capacity
- Madison Southern High School honors distinguished underclassmen
- Brown set to return to EKU
- McDaniel roars back to take title
- KHSAA scraps summer dead period and will allow coaches to meet with athletes starting June 1
- PRO GOLF: McDaniel roars back to take title at Boone's Trace
- PRO GOLF: McDaniel takes two-shot lead into final round
- EKU golfers honored
- COLLEGE GOLF: Nowlin excited to get another chance to play at Illinois
- OFF AND RACING: Richmond Raceway returns to action, without fans
- Phyllis George, female sportscasting pioneer, dies at 70
- Madison County Youth Football League set to open August
- Getting ready for a return to action
- Madison County Youth Football plans to play in August
- YOUTH SPORTS: Richmond Little League moving forward with plan to open season
- Madison County Schools push back student start date
- Governor announces school guidelines for 2020-21 school year
- Three cases of COVID-19 at Madison County daycare
- Man charged with assaulting victim after 13 years of no contact
- Caution: Do not feed the bears
- Building another Kentucky: Speakers at event demand justice for Breonna Taylor
- Made with love: Couple opens up Colombian food truck
- Man arrested in fatal accident
- Judge declines to block rulings on COVID-19 restrictions
- Madison County abundant in outdoor activities