Richmond Register editor Jonathan Greene chats with outgoing Governor Matt Bevin on his big accomplishments in office, any regrets while in office and what advice he has for Gov.-elect Andy Beshear and his administration.
FRANKFORT — A bill proposed for consideration during the 2020 General Assembly would expand the list of those allowed to cast absentee ballots to include those employed as what is termed “essential services personnel.”
FRANKFORT -- Kentucky Gov.-elect Andy Beshear selected his former rival, state Rep. Rocky Adkins, to serve as his senior adviser as his administration continued taking shape Monday.
ASHLAND -- "If someone has a drug problem they don't need to be in the system, they need to be handled outside by mental health and treatment professionals," John Tilley said.
A new requirement may be on the horizon for students who are looking to graduate high school within the next few years. In early November, State Reps. Regina Huff (R-Williamsburg) and Deanna Frazier (R-Richmond) pre-filed bill request 817, which, if passed, would make completing the Free App…
LONDON -- Setting likely themes for his 2020 reelection bid, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Monday that his leadership role in Congress allows Kentucky to "punch above its weight" in national politics.
Register Editor Jonathan Greene chats with new Berea Chief of Police Eric Scott on how coming to Berea, how he got started in law enforcement, how playing football helped prepare him for his new role and what he hopes to accomplish at the BPD.
FRANKFORT — The Interim Joint Judiciary Committee heard testimony Friday on proposed legislation dealing with Extreme Risk Protective Orders, also knows as a Red Flag law.
FRANKFORT — A Republican state lawmakers wants to increase the term of House members from two to four years, which would make it the same as in the state Senate.
FRANKFORT — Gov.-elect Andy Beshear announced his first round of high-level appointments Thursday, selecting four of his close assistants in the attorney general’s office to move with him to the governor’s office next month.
FRANKFORT — Secretary of State-elect Michael Adams presented members of the General Assembly’s Interim Joint State Government Committee his vision for the office over the next four years.
FRANKFORT -- The Kentucky Department for Public Health is launching a free program aimed at helping teens quit vaping, smoking and using other tobacco products as more than 2,000 across the country have experienced serious respiratory issues and other symptoms through e-cigarette use.
- Legislative task force studying ways to pay for highway projects
- 25% of Ky. rural hospitals facing serious financial strain
- Officials: 'A lot of work to be done' concerning drug epidemic
- Regional offices being proposed for Real ID program
- Sen. Paul predicts impeachment won't happen
- State conservation cost-sharing could get a boost
- PULSE OF THE VOTERS: Voters want less heat and more light
- McConnell: Lack of civility is country's biggest problem
- Auditor: Teacher Retirement System bettered net finances since 2017
- WEEKLY CHAT PODCAST: Madison County Coroner Jimmy Cornelison
- PULSE OF THE VOTERS: GOP, Dems clash on opinion of McConnell
- Unemployment mostly unchanged from September
- Beshear to Kentucky teachers: Help is on the way
- General Fund receipts increase in October
- Bevin concedes in Kentucky governor’s race
- State law to cause increase in clerk fees
- New testimony against Trump as impeachment goes public
- Bevin faces big decision in contested election
- AG-elect lines up transition team
- Gov.-elect Beshear says he'll rescind Medicaid waiver
- McConnell: Bevin 'had a good 4 years,' but likely lost
- Trump to pursue higher sales age for e-cigarettes
- Bill would put Kentucky on daylight saving time year-round
- Dealing with GOP legislature next challenge for Beshear
- Some in GOP warn against election challenge
- Potential McConnell opponent goes off air after complaint
- McConnell, Trump joined for 2020, despite Kentucky setback
- GOP files complaint against possible McConnell challenger
- Bill addresses pensions, health care for miners, retirees
- ELECTION 2019: Andy Beshear claims victory; Bevin refuses to concede
- ELECTION 2019: Republican Daniel Cameron wins Kentucky attorney general
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: McConnell, Paul introduce bill to increase accountability at federal prisons
- ELECTION 2019: Last-minute boost from Trump
- PODCAST: Weekly Chat Episode 4
- Billboard blitz: Kentucky advertising advantages in Illinois
- USDA rolls out proposed rules on hemp
- Superintendents outline legislative agenda
- PODCAST: Weekly Chat Episode 3
- Judge rules for governor in feud with lieutenant governor
- Lawmaker proposes bill to keep vaping products from minors
- CRIME REPORT: Man charged with driving into bar, parked car
- INDICTMENTS: Man indicted for abuse of a corpse
- Moving forward: Berea signs off on airport agreement
- INDICTMENTS: Woman indicted for first-degree wanton endangerment
- CRIME REPORT: Man arrested for alleged child sex crimes
- CRIME REPORT: Man charged with hurting child
- Complaint filed against Berea City Council
- COURT: Man, woman found guilty in federal court on drug trafficking charges
- Denny recognized by parks board
- 'Consequences': Students learn real life lessons on how dangerous drugs can be