Richmond police arrested a man on a warrant Friday that charged him with first-degree stalking, violation of a Kentucky EPO/DVO and third-degree criminal mischief.
According to the warrant, between April 19 and 20, Tatarekova Jones, 21, Turpin Drive, drove past another person while yelling out his window at them three time, despite the victim having an active protective order against him.
A witness told police Jones also was looking into the apartment where the victim was staying and threw a crowbar, a knife and a phone in the direction of the victim. The knife and phone broke a window of the apartment, the warrant states.
He was also arrested on another warrant that charges him with violation of a Kentucky EPO/DVO. That warrant states that on April 29, Jones called another person and told them to inform the victim he would kill himself if he could not speak to the victim. He also messaged the third person and instructed them to tell the victim other things.
Jones was taken to the Madison County Detention Center, where he remained Monday afternoon, according to online jail records.
Other recent arrests
• Kim Kirby, 56, Walnut Creek Drive, Berea, controlled substance trafficking (heroin) and trafficking in a controlled substance (carfentanil or fentanyl derivatives).
• Kimberly Hellard, 45, North Estill Avenue, Richmond, first-degree controlled substance possession (heroin), buying/possessing drug paraphernalia, receiving stolen property (less than $500), theft by unlawful taking ($500 or more but less than $10,000), second-degree criminal mischief and theft of mail matter.
• Hunter Lawthorne, 19, Dixie Plaza, Richmond, theft by unlawful taking ($500 or more but less than $10,000).
• Roman Allen, 31, Maple Grove Road, Richmond, receiving stolen property (firearm) and violation of a Kentucky EPO/DVO.
• Patricia Brammer, 54, Irvine, theft by unlawful taking (less than $500) and third-degree controlled drug possession (drug unspecified).
• Tawanna Isaacs, 26, Lake Street, Berea, public intoxication by a controlled substance (excludes alcohol), buying/possessing drug paraphernalia and possession of synthetic drugs.
• Justin King, 38, Purcell Drive, Richmond, second offense operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol/drugs/etc., operating on a suspended or revoked operator's license, buying/possessing drug paraphernalia, first-degree controlled substance possession (heroin), first-degree controlled substance possession (drug unspecified) and third-degree controlled substance possession (drug unspecified).
• Sabrina Neeley, 32, McKee, receiving stolen property (less than $10,00).
• James Richardson, 33, Rose Lane, Richmond, operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol/drugs/etc. and receiving stolen property (less than $10,000).
Reach Sara Kuhl at 624-6626; follow her on Twitter @saraekuhl.