A grand jury indicted a man and woman on several abuse and sexual abuse charges on Nov. 13 following the woman's arrest in September.
Tammy Jackson, 46, North Third Street, Richmond, and Jeffrey Sparks, 45, Beattyville, are each charged with use of a minor in a sexual performance, first-degree unlawful transaction with a minor (illegal sexual activity), first-degree unlawful transaction with a minor (illegal controlled substance), three counts of first-degree sexual abuse, first-degree criminal abuse, second-degree criminal abuse and third-degree unlawful transaction with a minor. Sparks is also charged with distributing obscene matter to a minor and second-degree persistent felony offender.
Jackson was originally arrested after she was interviewed by Richmond police on Aug. 5, according to a previous Register article. She said that she and Sparks purchased alcohol and went back home. While he was making alcoholic beverages, Jackson and a child changed into matching undergarments that Sparks had bought them, a citation states.
Jackson said Sparks brought a pitcher of daiquiris and cups upstairs, and she admitted to allowing the minor to drink alcohol. Jackson said that she and the minor had a chugging contest, which was Sparks's idea, the citation states.
Jackson told officers the child danced in front of her and Sparks, according to the citation. Jackson said she then asked the minor to exit the room so that she could smoke, but the child didn't leave the room. Jackson then performed sexual acts with Sparks and smoked marijuana in front of the child, the citation states. Jackson also admitted to smoking methamphetamine, which she said makes her act silly, and she doesn't remember parts of the night.
The minor also tested positive for valium, the citation states.
During an interview with the child, the child said Jackson taught them how to shave in the bathtub, and in doing so, that Jackson had touched them in a sexual manner.
The victim told police that Jackson has also used sex toys on herself in front of the child. The victim also said they have performed dirty dancing in front of Jackson and the man, after the child was instructed to take their clothes off. He is also charged with touching the child inappropriately.
Additionally, Sparks is charged with forcing another minor to watch pornographic movies, according to the indictment paperwork.
• • •
The following were also indicted on Nov. 13:
• Christopher Woods, 30, High Street, Richmond, first-degree strangulation, first-degree unlawful imprisonment and fourth-degree assault.
• Gerquise Guest, 18, Royal Drive, Richmond, first-degree strangulation, fourth-degree assault, third-degree controlled substance possession and marijuana possession.
• Jason Wampler, 35, Kristin Drive, Richmond, first-degree strangulation and two counts of fourth-degree assault.
• Michael Fox, 60, North Madison Avenue, Richmond, first-degree robbery.
• Katrin Ellington, 49, unknown address, first-degree controlled substance trafficking (heroin), first-degree controlled substance trafficking, possession of drug paraphernalia, criminal attempt to tamper with physical evidence, operating a motor vehicle on a suspended license and failure to illuminate head lamps.
• Chris Coleman, 42, Brooks Road, Richmond, first-degree controlled substance possession, trafficking marijuana (less than 8 ounces) and cultivation of marijuana.
• Kimberly Coomer, 47, Aquaduct Drive, Richmond, second-degree burglary, fraudulent use of a credit card and first-degree persistent felony offender.
• Nicholas Smith, 30, Cimarron Road, Richmond, five counts of second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument and theft by deception (less than $500).
• Ronnie Agee, 32, Pleasure Lane, Richmond, second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument and theft by deception (less than $500).
• Kayla Pierson, age and address unknown, second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument and theft by deception (less than $500).
• Nicholas Smith, 30, Cimarron Road, Richmond, third-degree burglary and third-degree criminal mischief.
• Fernando Rivas, 37, Los Angeles, California, first-degree controlled substance possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, careless driving and using a personal communication device while operating a motor vehicle.
• Jeffrey Nester, 54, North Street, Richmond, first-degree controlled substance possession, possession of drug paraphernalia and public intoxication.
• Jonathan Witt, 34, Maple Grove Road, Richmond, first-degree controlled substance possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Kathy Asbury, 36, Highway 1016, Berea, between two indictments, was charged with two counts of first-degree controlled substance possession (methamphetamine), two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia and operating a motor vehicle on a suspended license.
• Donald Hagans, age and address unknown, tampering with a prisoner monitoring device and third-degree escape.
• Vincent Curtis, 42, Turpin Drive, Richmond, second-degree escape and tampering with a prisoner monitoring device.
• Gregory Powell, 51, South Collins Street, Richmond, first-degree controlled substance possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, marijuana possession and public intoxication.
• Mark Belasco, 39, homeless, first-degree bail jumping.
An indictment does not indicate guilt, only that grand jurors believe the state has enough evidence to proceed with prosecution.