A grand jury indicted a man on Feb. 20 on three counts of first-degree sexual abuse and use of electronic communication to procure a minor for sex.
According to a previous Register article, Jesse Garcia, 20, Double Culvert Road, Richmond, was arrested on Oct. 31 after he met an 11-year-old on Tinder.
He had told police he believed that the child was 17, saying it was because he met them on Tinder, a citation states. However, the victim told Garcia their real age before the two met in person.
On Oct. 25, Garcia kissed and rubbed the victim's sides and abdomen, according to the citation. Garcia admitted to two other occasions when he touched the victim in a sexual matter as well.
The indictment also states Garcia used SnapChat to communicate with the victim and to arrange meetings when the two engaged in sexual activity.
• • •
Also indicted on Feb. 20 were:
• Richard Duerson, 39, North Keeneland Drive, Richmond, three counts of possession of a handgun by a convicted felon, two counts of first-degree wanton endangerment, two counts of first-degree unlawful imprisonment, fourth-degree assault and second-degree persistent felony offender.
• Timothy Winkler, 26, Laurel Street, Richmond, first-degree assault and first-degree criminal abuse.
• Amanda Taulbee, 33, Campton, third-degree assault.
• Khareem Franklin, 19, North First Street, Richmond, first-degree wanton endangerment.
• Kevin Biggs, 33, Waco, second-degree burglary and terroristic threatening.
• Jennifer Williams, 30, South Third Street, Richmond, first-degree controlled substance possession (methamphetamine), first-degree controlled substance possession (heroin) and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Brandon McIntosh, 28, East Irvine Street, Richmond, first-degree controlled substance possession (methamphetamine) and third-degree controlled substance possession.
• James Liddil, 46, unknown address, third-degree burglary, resisting arrest and second-degree disorderly conduct.
• Koda Nester, 25, unknown address, identity theft.
• Gerri Kindred, 19, North Street, Richmond, identity theft.
• Bryana Harlan, 22, North Third Street, Richmond, tampering with physical evidence.
The grand jury also voted to dismiss a charge that was pending again Walter Delaney, 47, Paint Lick.
An indictment does not indicate guilt, only that grand jurors believe the state has enough evidence to proceed with prosecution.