A grand jury recently indicted a man on a charge of first-degree sodomy after he was arrested in late November.
According to the indictment, around March 20, 2013, Jerry Anglin, 54, Irvine, forced another person to engage in a sexual act.
Estill County Sheriff's Department originally arrested him on a Madison County warrant that charged him with three counts of first-degree sexual abuse (victim younger than 12) and second-degree sodomy.
According to the warrant, between March 2007 and May 2014 in Madison County, Anglin, 53, subjected the victim to sexual contact. The victim said Anglin fondled them when they were 6 years old.
Several weeks later, Anglin touched the victim sexually and also kissed their mouth and neck, the warrant states.
The victim told Madison County deputies that in 2014, Anglin kissed the victim's mouth and upper body in addition to having the victim perform sexual acts, according to the warrant.
• • •
The grand jury also indicted Hunter Laswell, 20, Mount Vernon, on two counts of second-degree assault, first-degree unlawful imprisonment and theft by unlawful taking.
He was originally arrested by Brodhead police on a Madison County warrant, according to a previous Register article. According to the warrant, on Sept. 20, Berea police responded to a call about a possible assault. They spoke with a 16-year-old who said Laswell assaulted them.
The victim said the two had been arguing, and Laswell grabbed their arms and started shaking them, the warrant states. The victim then went into the kitchen of a residence and tried to call 911, but Laswell took the phone away before the call went through.
Laswell then grabbed the victim and started hitting their head against the kitchen counter and hitting their face, the warrant states. The victim tried to run outside the residence, but Laswell restrained them, not allowing them to escape, and strangled them to the point where they were gasping for air.
The victim eventually was able to get away and call for help, the warrant states. Officers noticed markings around their neck and throat and knots on their eye and head. Laswell then fled the scene.
• • •
Also indicted recently were:
• Rodney Agee, 39, Shortline Pike, Berea, first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance (more than 2 grams of methamphetamine), first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance (heroin), receiving stolen property and failure of non-owner to maintain insurance.
• Zaelin Crutcher, 21, Kye Street, Berea, tampering with a witness and violation of an interpersonal protective order.
• Toby Ison, 41, Morehead, theft by unlawful taking and first-degree persistent felony offender.
• Jaime Brown, age and address unknown, theft by unlawful taking and second-degree persistent felony offender.
• Richard Quarrles, 44, Meadowbrook, Richmond, first-degree bail jumping and first-degree persistent felony offender.
The following were indicted for first-degree bail jumping:
• Justin Overpeck, 18, Winchester; Jessica Rose, 36, Irvine; Tina Hoskins, 32, Poosey Ridge Road, Richmond; Frederick Williams, 28, Bluegrass Homes, Richmond; William Wilson, age and address unknown; Stormy Isaacs, 28, Robinson Terrace, Richmond; and Carlos Kelley, 46, Louisville.
An indictment does not indicate guilt, only that grand jurors believe the state has enough evidence to proceed with prosecution.