Kentucky State Police arrested a man on a Madison County warrant Thursday that charges him with second-degree assault.
According to the warrant, on March 7, Larry Norton, 35, Irvine, was at a local bar, approached another person who had been placed in a headlock by someone else and smashed a beer bottle over their face.
The victim needed 15 stitches following the assault, the warrant states.
Police arrested Norton at his home, and he was taken to the Madison County Detention Center, according to a citation. He was released from jail Thursday night, according to online jail records.
• • •
Richmond police arrested Thomas Wright, 24, Mount Rushmore Drive, Richmond, for fourth-degree assault (domestic violence) and first-degree strangulation on Sunday after officers were called to Mount Rushmore Drive for a reported domestic incident.
When officers arrived, they spoke with the victim, who said Wright became mad at them and refused to calm down. He then held the victim down on a bed and put a pillow over their face while telling them to die, according to a citation.
The victim was able to leave, and when they returned later, Wright still hadn't calmed down, the citation states. He grabbed them, pushed them on a couch and placed his hands around the victim's neck, choking them.
Police spoke with Wright, who said they had been arguing with the victim and admitted to pushing the victim. However, he said that was the extent of the violence.
Wright was arrested and taken to the MCDC, where he remained Monday afternoon, according to online jail records.
• • •
Kentucky State Police arrested Carl Smith, 48, Red Lick Road, Berea, for alcohol intoxication in a public place and first-degree wanton endangerment after troopers received a complaint about him being drunk and waving a gun around and firing it on Thursday.
Troopers arrived, and Smith was outside of a camper on Highway 1016, according to a citation. They could smell alcohol coming from Smith, and Smith was slurring his speech.
Troopers spoke with a victim, who said Smith was drunk and trying to leave, but the victim stopped Smith from leaving because of how intoxicated he was, the citation states. Smith then got into a truck, grabbed a gun, shot it into the air and then pointed it at the victim.
Smith was taken to the MCDC and was released from jail Friday morning, according to online jail records.
• • •
The following were also arrested recently:
• Joseph Ramey, 42, Barrett Lane, Berea, failure to or improper signal, first-degree controlled substance trafficking (2 grams or more of methamphetamine), second-degree controlled substance possession (drug unspecified), buying/possessing drug paraphernalia and first-degree controlled substance possession (heroin).
• Benjamin Gay, 53, Kindred Lane, Berea, first-degree stalking, tampering with a witness and two counts of violation of an EPO/DVO.
• Patrick Cain, 20, Walter Lane, Waco, third-degree burglary and second-degree criminal mischief.
• Amanda Mullins, 43, Blue Lick Road, Berea, third or subsequent offense first-degree controlled substance possession (drug unspecified), first-degree controlled substance possession (heroin), first-degree controlled substance possession (drug unspecified), buying/possessing drug paraphernalia and nonpayment of court costs.
• Cassandra Hill, 32, homeless, second offense first-degree controlled substance possession (methamphetamine), first-degree controlled substance possession (heroin), second-degree fleeing or evading police (on foot), tampering with physical evidence, probation violation and failure to appear.
• Shasta Enright, 34, homeless, second offense first-degree controlled substance possession (methamphetamine), buying/possessing drug paraphernalia and probation violation.
The Register collects and publishes police reports as a public service to its readers. The reports often contain allegations against individuals and do not mean the individuals actually committed a crime. All people named in connection with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.