A Lee County man was charged with first-degree domestic abuse assault after allegedly shooting a pregnant woman.
Kentucky State Police arrested Logan Biggs, 20, Judd Road, Beattyville, in Richmond after executing a complaint warrant for Lee County Court, according to his citation.
According to investigators in Lee County, deputies were called to a home on May Subdivision Road in Beattyville around 2 p.m. on Friday in response to reports that a woman who was 7-months pregnant had been shot.
When deputies arrived, they found the woman with a gunshot wound to the head in her home and witnesses said Biggs had fled the scene prior to the deputies arrival.
A warrant was issued for Biggs arrest, which KSP executed after finding Biggs in Richmond on Saturday.
He was lodged in the Madison County Detention Center.
The weapon used in the shooting has not been located at this time, according to investigators.
Man charged with sexual abuse against EKU student
Dalton O'Brien, 19, Spillman Dr., Dry Ridge, Ky, is being charged with third-degree sexual abuse after an Eastern Kentucky University Police officer brought him in due to a warrant on Wednesday.
According to a warrant, the EKU police officer was investigating a complaint sent to the university and made contact with several people who told them of an incident that occurred during the fall semester of 2019.
The officer then spoke with the victim who had been identified by witnesses and spoke to her about the incident.
The victim told police she was living on campus and O'Brien invited her to his room to hang out. The victim and a friend arrived at the room and O'Brien allegedly asked the victim to sit on the top bunk with him and they did. The victim stated that she was wearing shorts and laying on her stomach to watch another person play video games.
According to the warrant, shortly after getting on the top bunk, without the consent or approval of the victim, O'Brien sexually assaulted her. The victim was able to text her friend and ask that they look at what O'Brien was doing and leave. The victim jumped down off of the bunk and left. According to the warrant, O'Brien texted the victim after and asked why they had left so quickly and if they were mad at him.
O'Brien was taken into custody on Tuesday and released from the Madison County Detention Center on Thursday.
Man arrested after allegedly chasing someone with a knife
Buddy Feltner, 46, Kristen Drive, Richmond, is being charged with first-degree robbery (attempt), first-degree wanton endangerment, third-degree assault of a police or probation officer, and resisting arrest. A Richmond officer was dispatched to Kristen Drive in reference to a fight in progress where the caller advised that Feltner had a knife.
According to a citation, the officer saw Feltner screaming while standing between apartment buildings when he arrived at the scene. Feltner was asked to show his hands and put them on the outside wall of the apartment.
Feltner showed the officer his hands but refused to do anything else.
Allegedly, at some point Feltner was seen throwing a knife, which landed beside one of the buildings.
Feltner refused to obey the officer's commands and started to walk quickly to get away. The officers tried to detain Feltner, but he pulled away and punched an officer in the face. The officer was able to grab Feltner's hand and arm to keep him from hitting the officer again. Officers were then able to gain control of Feltner and took him to the ground to handcuff him without further incident. During the altercation with officers, a car was damaged.
Before the incident with police, Feltner had allegedly jumped into the front seat of a victim's car and then turned the victim's car back on and then in gear.
The victim then turned his car off and told Feltner to get out of his car. Allegedly Feltner then pulled out a pocket knife, flipped it open, and said that he would cut the victim's "guts out." The victim then got out of the car and ran, but Feltner chased after him with the knife. The victim was able to get into an apartment and lock the door after allegedly being chased around their car about ten times by Feltner.
Feltner was arrested on Friday and taken to the Madison County Detention Center where he remained on Thursday.
Other arrests include:
• Tammie Sue Abner, 38, North Dogwood, Berea, first-degree possession of a controlled substance (third or greater offense)(Methamphetamine), buying/possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Oakley Bicknell, 30, Foxhaven Drive, Richmond, possession of a controlled substance first degree and first offense (heroin), giving an officer false identifying information.
• Shannon Hardy, 35, Cedar Grove, Richmond, receiving stolen property up to $10,000.
• Steven Wesley Henry, 38, Wagersville, Irvine, first-degree possession of a controlled substance first offense (methamphetamine), tampering with physical evidence, theft of identity of another without consent.
• Cassandra Hill, 33, Villa Drive, Richmond, first-degree possession of a controlled substance first offense (heroin), buying/possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Jacob Kerr, 20, Gibson Lane, Richmond, first and second offense of alcohol intoxication in a public place, resisting arrest.
• Jessica Kincaid, 34, Rice CT, Richmond, public intoxication from a controlled substance (excludes alcohol), first degree possession of a controlled substance (heroin).
• Mathew King, 35, Web Road, Irvine, receiving stolen property up to $10,000.
• Kaylyn Cheeks, 22, Arlington Drive, Richmond, second-degree burglary.
• Roger Shakelford, 49, Curtis Pike, Richmond, operating on a suspended or revoked license, faulure of non-owner-operator to maintain required insurance(first offense), receiving stolen property up to $10,000, reckless driving.
• Tyrone Wyatt-Smith, 28, North 3rd Street, Richmond, trafficking in marijuana (less than 8 oz/first offense), first-degree possession of a controlled substance (opiates).
• Terry Arvin, 57, Kensington Place, Richmond, second-degree disorderly conduct, public intoxication with a controlled substance (excludes alcohol), third-degree assault (EMS, fire, rescue squad).
• Michelle Cornett, 37, Richmond Road, Irvine, second-degree robbery, tampering with physical evidence.
• Zachary Copley, 26, Phillips Street, Berea, first-degree possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine/first offense), buying/possession of drug paraphernalia.