WASHINGTON (AP) — Amy Coney Barrett was confirmed to the Supreme Court late Monday by a deeply divided Senate, Republicans overpowering Democrats to install President Donald Trump’s nominee days before the election and secure a likely conservative court majority for years to come.
U.S. Congressman Andy Barr (R-KY) hosted the White House Office of National Drug Policy (ONDCP) Director Jim Carroll --more colloquially known as President Trump's "Drug Czar" -- during a visit to Richmond on Thursday.
Kevin Lamb, 26, Highway 1016, Berea, is charged with fourth-degree assault (domestic violence/minor injury), first-degree strangulation, kidnapping (adult), and possession of a handgun by a convicted felon after he was arrested by Richmond Police.
U.S. Congressman Andy Barr (KY-06) seated in the middle, meets with White House “Drug Czar” Jim Carroll seated middle-right and HIDTA Task Force Members at Madison County’s Drug Task Force Facility in Richmond on Thursday.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A second person who served on the Breonna Taylor grand jury is criticizing Kentucky's attorney general for the way the proceedings were conducted.
For the Madison County Sheriff's Office, K9s are a valuable addition to their team. Two new dogs have been added to that team recently. One, Tango, is an apprehension/patrol dog, while the other, Rocco, is a narcotics dog.
Timothy Jones, 51, Cottonwood Drive, Richmond, is charged with fourth-degree dating violence assault (minor injury) and first-degree strangulation after Richmond Police responded to his location in reference to a domestic altercation.
Elvin Dyer, 56, Meadowbrook Road, Richmond, has been charged with fourth-degree assault (domestic violence/minor injury) and third-degree terroristic threatening after being arrested by Kentucky State Police on a warrant.
Bradley Lefurgy, 47, North First Street, Richmond, has been charged with first-degree wanton endangerment and prostitution (solicitation) after being arrested by Richmond Police.
IRVINE (AP) — Members of a Kentucky student marching band were forced to run to safety when a man allegedly drove over a football field while the musicians were practicing.
GRADYVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky man accused of impersonating a police officer to pull a woman over and throw chemicals in her face has been arrested, according to Kentucky State Police.
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) — Members of anti-government paramilitary groups implicated in an alleged plot to kidnap Michigan’s governor over measures to slow the spread of the coronavirus during a fraught election year also discussed abducting Virginia’s governor, an FBI agent testified Tuesday.
Jordan Graham, 34, Walnut Meadow Rd, Berea, was charged with fourth-degree assault and third-degree terroristic threatening after he was arrested for a warrant by Kentucky State Police.
With many investigations under way, the Richmond Police Department is requesting assistance in a case to return a snuggle companion to its rightful owner.
Richmond Police are investigating a homicide after an early morning shooting took place on Main Street in Richmond around 1:43 a.m.
Keavy, Ky. — The Kentucky State Police is investigating an officer-involved shooting in Laurel County that was connected to an early morning bank robbery and police pursuit in Williamsburg.
LOUISVILLE (AP) — A lawyer for a grand juror involved in weighing charges in the case of Breonna Taylor, the Black woman killed in a police raid gone wrong, urged a judge to let the anonymous juror to speak out publicly, accusing Kentucky's attorney general of throwing the panel “under the b…
HYDEN, Ky. (AP) — Two years after an eastern Kentucky man was reported missing, his former wife and a former sheriff's deputy have been charged with murder.
Judge James Ishamel Jr. has approved a bond reduction for Glenn Jackson, 40, who stands accused of murdering his wife Ella Jackson last year.
DETROIT (AP) — Agents foiled a stunning plot to kidnap Michigan Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, authorities said Thursday in announcing charges in an alleged scheme that involved months of planning and even rehearsals to snatch Whitmer at her vacation home.
Cantrell Cantrell, 37, Moberly Road, Richmond, was charged with first-degree sexual abuse of a victim under the age of 12 and first-degree rape of a victim under the age of 12, after he was arrested on a warrant by the Madison County Sheriff's Department.
An attempted armed robbery occurred in Estill County on Monday that resulted in one death and two people being sent to the hospital. The deceased has since been identified as James Baker, 26, of Mallie, Ky. According to a news release Baker was pronounced deceased at the scene and was transp…
LOUISVILLE (AP) — Police files released Wednesday show contacts between Breonna Taylor and a man she dated previously who was suspected of drug dealing — a relationship that led narcotics investigators to her home in March and resulted in her death in a burst of police gunfire.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Felony rioting charges were dropped Tuesday against a Kentucky lawmaker and others arrested last month during protests demanding justice for Breonna Taylor.
The Richmond Post of the Kentucky State Police are investigating an attempted armed robbery which occurred on Tuesday. The alleged attempted robbery occurred around midnight on Richmond Road, just west of Irvine.
LONDON — Kentucky State Police Post 11 is still actively investigating the disappearance of a Rockcastle County woman missing since August of 2020.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court opened its new term Monday with a jolt from two conservative justices who raised new criticism of the court’s embrace of same-sex marriage.
LOUISVILLE — A court released some 15 hours of recorded grand jury proceedings in the Breonna Taylor case Friday – an extraordinary action that comes after a juror disputed Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron's explanation for why no one was directly charged in Taylor's killing by Louis…
LOUISVILLE (AP) — Police said they knocked and identified themselves for a minute or more before bursting into Breonna Taylor’s apartment, but her boyfriend said he did not hear officers announce themselves, according to Kentucky grand jury recordings released Friday. In the hail of gunfire…
LOUISVILLE (AP) — Kentucky's attorney general asked a court Wednesday to delay the release of secret grand jury proceedings in Breonna Taylor's killing by police just as audio recordings were set to be made public.
The investigation involving the actions of Richmond Commissioner Jason Morgan have been turned over to the office of Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron.
LAUREL COUNTY - The wife of 89th District State Rep. Robert S. Goforth released a statement Monday afternoon about an incident that led to Goforth being indicted by a Laurel grand jury on Sept. 18.
Jailer Steve Tussey is taking responsibility for the escape of a woman from the Madison County Detention Center in a statement he released on Tuesday.
LOUISVILLE (AP) — Kentucky’s attorney general acknowledged that he never recommended homicide charges against any of the police officers conducting the drug raid that led to Breonna Taylor's death, and said he didn't object to a public release of the grand jury's deliberations.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky man who authorities accuse of requesting $30,000 to shoot police officers in Louisville in a social media video while he was brandishing a gun has been arrested.
CHICAGO (AP) — A man walks up to a squad car and opens fire on two sheriff’s deputies sitting inside. Two police officers are shot after responding to sounds of gunfire during a protest.
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump nominated Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court on Saturday, capping a dramatic reshaping of the federal judiciary that will resonate for a generation and that he hopes will provide a needed boost to his reelection effort.
William Turner, 49, Center Street, Berea, was arrested for second-degree assault, adult kidnapping and first-degree unlawful imprisonment after Richmond police executed a search warrant for a missing person at Sara Leigh Drive in Richmond.
FRANKFORT — Kentucky Supreme Court Chief Justice John D. Minton Jr., announced Friday the creation of three task forces to oversee the re-opening of the state’s court system, which has been mainly shut down during the coronavirus pandemic.
After initiating a second grand jury early in 2019 for a part of the year because of the ever-increasing number of indictments being issued by courts each year, Commonwealth Attorney David Smith said the plan for 2020 is to continue having two grand juries.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (KT) - For the first time in its history, the Kentucky Supreme Court heard oral arguments on Wednesday via teleconference instead of in their chambers at the Capitol so the justices could to observe social distancing due to the coronavirus pandemic.
FRANKFORT -- For the first time in its history, the Kentucky Supreme Court will not hear oral arguments this week from their chambers at the Capitol, but instead through a teleconference.
The staff at Dominion Senior Living in Richmond wanted to do something to give back to the community, especially those people who are on the front line of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Breonna Taylor case: Dispute arises over grand jury secrecy
- Wife, ex-deputy charged with murder of missing Kentucky man
- Glenn Jackson receives bond reduction
- 13 charged in plots against Michigan governor, police
- KSP: Missing Rockcastle County woman found
- Man charged with sexual assault, rape of minor
- Deceased named in connection with attempted armed robbery
- Police release details of Breonna Taylor investigation
- Felony rioting charges dropped against Kentucky lawmaker
- One deceased, two in hospital, in relation to an alleged attempted armed robbery
- KSP investigating missing person case in Rockcastle County
- Supreme Court will not hear Kim Davis same-sex marriage case
- Woman charged with assault in hammer attack
- Police seek help in locating missing teen
- Mother asks for help to find missing daughter
- AUDIO: Court releases grand jury recordings in Breonna Taylor case
- Grand jury audio details raid that killed Breonna Taylor
- AG seeks delay in releasing Breonna Taylor grand jury files
- Commissioner's case turned over to Attorney General's office
- Man in serious condition after he was run over by van
- State Rep. Goforth's wife releases statement on assault incident
- Jailer takes responsibility for escape of inmate
- Court to release grand jury record in Breonna Taylor case
- Officer charged in Breonna Taylor case pleads not guilty
- Berea Circuit Clerk Office closes
- Authorities: Man requested money to shoot Louisville police
- With anger at police high, officers face greater danger
- Trump taps 'eminently qualified' Barrett for Supreme Court
- Man charged with kidnapping, assault and imprisonment
- Not guilty plea entered in court for man charged with shooting 2 police officers in Louisville
- Police arrest 127 in Louisville after protests over Taylor
- 2 Louisville officers shot amid Breonna Taylor protests
- Man charged with theft, evading police
- One charged in relation to death of Breonna Taylor
- Grand jury indicts 1 police officer in Breonna Taylor death
- Grand jury to present report in Breonna Taylor's death
- Woman escapes from MCDC
- Weekend drug busts lead to three arrests
- Police cancel vacations; prepare for Breonna Taylor decision
- Family of BBQ cook shot by National Guard files civil suit
- BREAKING: Glenn Jackson released from MCDC
- 'The change has come:' City of Richmond revises personnel policy
- Welcome to Berea: City welcomes 175 new jobs through Hitachi factory
- Breaking ground in Berea: AppHarvest announces second site in Madison County
- Five new COVID-19 deaths reported
- One last look into my father's eyes
- ELECTION 2020: Kentucky Democrats outpace Republicans in absentee voting
- Madison County joins AppHarvest
- Goforth receives two complaints for misconduct and ethics
- 'Despicable': Local voters respond to Ashley Goforth letter of endorsement