Two Richmond men were arrested Friday after a gun was shot during a fightnear Jackson's Restaurant.
In late February, a post circulated on social media which claimed a Richmond City Commissioner brandished a gun on a citizen.
A Richmond man has been charged with second-degree manslaughter and additional charges after allegedly distributing heroin to a victim who overdosed. Another Richmond man has been charged with second-degree manslaughter and other charges after allegedly arranging the drug transaction where t…
Richmond Police Officer Max Dawson is expected to make a full recovery after he was involved in a collision involving another vehicle on Parrish Avenue and West Main Street on Tuesday.
A Richmond man was arrested on Monday after he allegedly became irate at roofers working on his home, leading to shots fired and the man barricading himself inside his home.
A Berea man arrested for traffic offenses received additional charges after allegedly attempting to stab jail staff with a syringe hidden in his boot.
Maliek Mitchell, 18, Richmond, was arrested by Richmond police on Monday and charged with first-degree wanton endangerment, fourth-degree assault with a minor injury, and third-degree criminal mischief.
Rodney Elam, 29, Mount Vernon, will appear for a pre-trial hearing that was set for June 17 at 1:30 p.m by Judge C. Logue of Circuit Court, Division II at the Thursday Madison Circuit Court Division II criminal hearing.
CORBIN — A Corbin man who has been accused of attempting to kidnap and then offering $1,000 for a toddler is set to appear in Whitley District Court on Monday.
David Tye, 41, Richmond, was arrested by Richmond police on Friday and charged with fourth-degree assault (dating violence with a minor injury) and alcohol intoxication in a public place (first and second offense).
Nicholas McCollum, 31, Richmond, was arrested by the Madison County Sheriff Department on Thursday and charged with public intoxication under a controlled substance (excluding alcohol), menacing and third-degree assault of a police officer.
CORBIN — A 73-year-old Corbin man was arrested Wednesday night on charges of attempted kidnapping of a minor and promoting human trafficking of a minor.
Christopher Beaty, 28, Richmond, was arrested by Richmond police on April 2 and charged with first-degree robbery, first-degree assault, second-degree assault, second-degree assault (domestic violence), second-degree fleeing or evading police on foot, and third-degree criminal mischief.
According to a Facebook post from the Richmond Police Department, on April 2, 2021, at approximately 8:30 a.m. Richmond Police responded to a residence on Opal Drive in reference to a robbery and assault. The post states, upon arrival, officers found two victims with lacerations and cuts to …
With previous investigations providing evidence, officers with the Richmond Police Department served a search warrant on McDaniel Avenue because it was suspected that Demetrius "Chuck" Marshall, 35, was trafficking heroin from the home.
Cortlend Banks, 28, Lima, Ohio, was charged with careless driving, trafficking in marijuana (greater than five pounds/first offense), and no operator's license after Kentucky State Police arrested him on Wednesday. Justin McLaurin, 32, Lima, Ohio, was also charged with trafficking in marijua…
LEXINGTON - In a press conference on Thursday, University of Kentucky Police released more details about the situation at UK Hospital that involved the FBI and ATF that day.University of Kentucky Police Chief Joe Monroe said in a press conference that the department received information from…
LEXINGTON - People are being asked to avoid the area around the UK Hospital emergency room after the FBI and ATF were called in to assist local law enforcement and first responders. "FBI Louisville's Lexington Resident Agency is aware of the situation at University of Kentucky Chandler Hosp…
A woman is facing several charges after she was arrested on Wednesday by Berea police for allegedly drinking and driving with two children in the car.
Breanna Neace, 25, Berea, was charged with no registration plates, no registration receipt, failure of owner to maintain required insurance (first offense), failure to produce insurance card, operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol (189A.010(1B)/first offense), first-degree …
The case against a former South Laurel High School choral director charged with sexual offenses against minors will be in court again in mid-May.
Katreeka Hardy, 40, Richmond, was charged with first-degree possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine/first offense), buying or possession of drug paraphernalia, failure to illuminate headlamps, operating a motor vehicle under the influence of a controlled substance (189A.010(1D)…
A Richmond man is facing several charges after causing a disturbance on the top of a roof while allegedly intoxicated from huffing gasoline.
Antoine Jackson, 31, Richmond, was charged with fourth-degree assault (domestic violence with no visible injury), third-degree possession of a controlled substance (drug unspecified), resisting arrest, and menacing after Richmond police arrested him on Tuesday.
LOUISVILLE (AP) — A Kentucky man accused of raping an 8-year-old girl and fracturing her head with a shovel after being found mentally incompetent in a separate sex assault case has again been found mentally incompetent, a news report said.
John Overbay, 26, Richmond, was charged with first-degree sexual abuse of a victim under the age of 12 after Ky State Police arrested him on Mar. 2.
On Monday, the Berea Police Department held an equipment reveal for both Tesla cruisers and a new body camera system from Body Worn. After news of this reveal circulated the public, many of The Register’s readers had questions.
Monday, the Berea Police Department (BPD) had some big announcements to make. They held an equipment reveal to show the public just what new things the BPD were adding to their arsenal to keep their citizens safe. New Tesla cruisers and new body cameras for police officers to wear while on duty.
NICHOLASVILLE — A former contracted employee of the Madison County Detention Center was charged after an investigation revealed she had child sexual abuse material on her cell phone, according to information from the Kentucky State Police Electronic Crime Branch.
William Combs, 28, Richmond, was charged with improper use of blue lights, first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance (less than two gms of methamphetamine/enhancement/first offense), trafficking in a controlled substance (heroin/enhancement/first offense), buying or possession of dr…
Jeremy Jaggers, 28, Richmond, was charged with fourth-degree assault (domestic violence/minor injury), first-degree unlawful imprisonment, menacing, and first-degree strangulation after Richmond police arrested him on Monday.
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky police officer has been fired for giving information about the police agency he worked for to Black Lives Matter protesters.
Rodney Elam, 29, of Mount Vernon, faces murder and rape charges, along with other charges, in connection with an incident that happened at a Berea McDonald's last year will have a tentative trial date set on April 15.
CORBIN, Ky. (AP) — An off-duty police officer who went to investigate a neighbor's complaint of a prowler fatally shot a man, Kentucky State Police said.
Dewayne Singleton, 56, Richmond, was charged with no registration receipt, no registration plates, failure of owner to maintain required insurance (first offense), failure to issue insurance card, improper registration plate, first-degree possession of a controlled substance (drug unspecifie…
Keith Shaw, 26, Richmond, was charged with fourth-degree assault (domestic violence with a minor injury) after the Madison County Sheriff's Department arrested him on Tuesday.
LOUISVILLE (AP) — Two supporters of the anti-government, pro-gun “boogaloo” movement were arrested Thursday in Kentucky, federal authorities announced.
Steven Stamper, 51, Berea, was charged with operating a motor vehicle under the influence of a controlled substance (189A.010(1D)/first aggravated circumstance), buying or possession of drug paraphernalia, and first-degree possession of a controlled substance (heroin/first offense) after Ber…
LOUISVILLE (AP) — A former Louisville police officer facing criminal charges in the Breonna Taylor raid said his trial can't be held in Louisville because of publicity about the case, news outlets report.
FRANKFORT — Kentucky Supreme Court Chief Justice John D. Minton Jr., announced Friday the creation of three task forces to oversee the re-opening of the state’s court system, which has been mainly shut down during the coronavirus pandemic.
After initiating a second grand jury early in 2019 for a part of the year because of the ever-increasing number of indictments being issued by courts each year, Commonwealth Attorney David Smith said the plan for 2020 is to continue having two grand juries.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (KT) - For the first time in its history, the Kentucky Supreme Court heard oral arguments on Wednesday via teleconference instead of in their chambers at the Capitol so the justices could to observe social distancing due to the coronavirus pandemic.
FRANKFORT -- For the first time in its history, the Kentucky Supreme Court will not hear oral arguments this week from their chambers at the Capitol, but instead through a teleconference.
The staff at Dominion Senior Living in Richmond wanted to do something to give back to the community, especially those people who are on the front line of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- CRIME REPORTS: Two Ohio men arrested on I75 for allegedly having over five pounds of marijuana in their car
- Versailles man arrested after situation at UK Hospital
- FBI, ATF respond to situation at UK Hospital
- Man charged with sodomy of a minor
- Woman charged after allegedly driving under the influence with children in car
- CRIME REPORTS: Berea woman arrested and charged after traffic stop
- Trial date set for former Laurel County choral director
- Community rallies to raffle Polaris with proceeds going to retired officer
- Woman charged after traffic stop for not having headlights illuminated
- Man charged after allegedly huffing gas atop residence roof
- Richmond man charged with resisting arrest, more, after allegedly telling police to shoot him while being arrested
- Man charged with raping, assaulting child found incompetent
- Body of missing EKU student found in Scott County
- CRIME REPORTS: Richmond man charged with sexual abuse of a minor
- 'A no brainer'
- Man charged after fleeing officers on foot
- Berea Police Department announces Tesla cruisers and new body cameras
- Former jail contract employee charged with sexual exploitation offenses
- Man charged after traffic stop for improper use of blue lights
- Man charged after allegedly assaulting girlfriend in a Countryside Inn
- Woman charged after allegedly giving victim drugs which caused an overdose
- Police officer fired for giving information to protesters
- Rodney Elam to have trial date set in April
- Woman charged with abuse of a minor after child found with chemical burns
- Officer investigating prowler complaint fatally shoots man
- Man charged with multiple offenses after traffic stop
- Richmond man charged with assault
- DOJ: Anti-government 'boogaloo' members charged in Kentucky
- Man charged after he was found passed out in Dollar General parking lot
- Fired officer in Breonna Taylor case wants trial venue moved
- Bowling Green couple plead guilty to trying to buy infant
- CRIME REPORT: Man charged with assault after stabbing victim in mouth
- Police capture robbery suspect after pursuit in Madison County
- Man charged with assault after alleged disagreement with wife regarding bestiality
- CRIME REPORT: Man charged after evading police on foot
- Man charged with assault and strangulation after altercation with two women
- Man charged after assaulting a corrections employee
- 4 former daycare workers in Lexington charged with abuse
- Man charged in fatal crash
- Man and Woman charged after an altercation
- Police records reveal details surrounding gun incident between local commissioner and citizen
- Lineup announced for Richmond Fourth of July celebration
- OPINION: BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
- Berea woman hopes to ease fear through "Detonation Day" idea
- Two men charged with wanton endangerment
- Madison County returns to 'yellow zone' designation
- EKU Athletics mourns the passing of former football coach Joe Blankenship
- Two Richmond men charged with second-degree manslaughter after overdose
- Paradise Cove to open May 29
- Man charged with imprisoning, assaulting woman