The Richmond City Commission held a special workshop meeting on Tuesday morning, where they discussed revising rates on the water systems of Richmond and were presented the first look at a proposed budget for fiscal year 2023.
The annual Salvation Army Women’s Auxiliary Spring Tea is being reimagined, and after a two-year hiatus, will be returning as the “Tea Party in the Park."
According to the office of the Kentucky Attorney General, two complaints of electioneering in Madison County are being investigated.
"Be a Lifesaver," a charitable initiative from the Battle of Richmond Visitors Center, just wrapped up its second year. Speaking of all things (individually) wrapped, the people at the visitors center collected 68,263 Lifesavers candies to donate to deployed members of the armed forces.
For the first time since 2018, Russell Glover found himself throwing a party for the community. Having spend a lifetime in the entertainment industry in one role or another, the Sheriff's Deputy has a passion for making people laugh, and certainly knows how to work a room.
Kids are getting the chance to take a free airplane ride and take the first steps towards getting their pilots license on Saturday, as Chapter 892 of the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) is hosting a special event with their Young Eagles Program at the Central Kentucky Regional Airport.
The city of Richmond will establish an Entertainment Destination Center (EDC) along with the Alcohol and Beverage Control Department which will allow alcohol to be sold and carried throughout certain common areas downtown.
Keeping leftover prescription pills or handing a few off to a friend or loved one who asks may seem harmless, but the consequences can be disastrous and sometimes deadly. In recognition of National Prescription Drug Take Back Day, the Kentucky State Police Post 7, the Berea Police Department…
The basement of the Berea City Hall was packed with those interested in history -- particularly through photographs -- which took them back in time in the city of Berea, and other incorporated areas of Madison County.
Legislation impacting the way public library board members are appointed in Kentucky, as well as how the boards receive and allocate funds, has been signed into law.
A third judgeship seat with the general jurisdiction circuit court's office will not only redistribute workloads for judges already serving, it will create a ripple affect amongst their colleagues at the public defenders' office, and the commonwealth attorney's office.
The Madison and Clark Counties 25th general jurisdiction Circuit Court will have a third judgeship seat to help process cases in the two counties they serve.
"To persevere: patient endurance of hardship; persisting in a state of enterprise in spite of difficulties and discouragement."
BLUE GRASS ARMY DEPOT – The last M55 rocket containing VX nerve agent was destroyed at the Blue Grass Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant (BGCAPP) April 19.
LEXINGTON – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) advises motorists that operations are scheduled for the Clays Ferry Bridge on Interstate 75. Corrective work is necessary which will include; restriping paint on the Southbound side, pothole patching and repairing asphalt at a bridge end…
The second reading of Ordinance 07-2022, which would have increased the compensation for the Berea mayor, city council members, and other boards, has failed.
When Senior Advisor to the Governor Rocky Adkins turned on the news Tuesday morning he saw Buc-ee the Beaver appear on his screen.
BEREA - To the world, she was bell hooks - a trailblazing feminist theorist and relentless social activist. But to many of the people gathered at a memorial on Thursday afternoon, she was Gloria Jean Watkins - a spirited friend with wit like a razor, who loved fiercely.
As part of a pre-opening event, first responders, elected officials and their families got to get a first look — and taste — inside the Buc-ee's Travel Center located off the Duncannon Exit in Richmond.
With the passing of the 2022-2024 budget by the Kentucky General Assembly, Eastern Kentucky University (EKU) is expected to receive $90 million in funding to build a new facility for Model Laboratory School.
RICHMOND — The Blue Grass Army Depot concluded its active shooter training exercise Thursday afternoon, with the role-playing ‘suspect’ being wounded and subdued around 3 p.m.
Kim Richards, PharmD, MBA, has been named the vice president of support services at Baptist Health Richmond. She replaces Pat Olds, who retired in March.
The city of Richmond is hoping to establish an Entertainment Destination Center (EDC) along with the Alcohol and Beverage Control Department which would allow alcohol to be sold, and carried throughout certain common areas downtown.
Baptist Health Richmond and local community leaders helped celebrate a “virtual” groundbreaking ceremony on Wednesday for the new Thrive Center at Baptist Health.
BEREA - Four hundred and thirty-two blue and silver pinwheels peppered the yard of Berea City Hall on Wednesday - each one paying tribute to a Madison County child that suffered abuse or neglect in 2021. The event comes from CASA of Madison County to raise awareness for and prevent child abuse.
The Richmond Raceway roared back into action on Saturday with an incredibly busy card of racing.
Because of disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic, Richmond Parks and Recreation has transformed its annual summer camp program to an at-home summer camp.
U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) announced Wednesday the Kentucky Hospital Research and Education Foundation, an arm of the Kentucky Hospital Association (KHA), will receive $1,805,649 to respond to the coronavirus pandemic.
Calling it a "very difficult budget situation to be in," in light of global pandemic, Berea Mayor Bruce Fraley and the city's council approved the first reading of the 2021 fiscal year budget.
The guidelines for re-opening put in place by Gov. Andy Beshear have left many local businesses in an extremely unusual position.
Officials with Richmond Girls Softball have announced a plan they hope will return action to the fields of Irvine-McDowell Park this year.
Baptist Health Richmond has announced drive-thru coronavirus testing services for patients scheduled for a surgery or procedure.
As the past couple of months have unfolded, the agriculture sector was another area attempting to adjust, having its markets rocked in the process.
In January, the Madison County School Board approved a tentative budget for the 2020-2021 year.
If all 65,000 registered voters in the county were to visit one of three voting sites on Election Day with three minutes to vote per person, at 33% capacity, it would take 133 days to complete.
As registered voters in Kentucky can now request mail-in ballots online for the Primary Election on June 23, Rep. Deanna Frazier is urging those in Madison County to determine their preferred way to cast their vote.
Senator Mitch McConnell and Congressman Andy Barr have announced two separate packages of funds being allocated to Kentucky in order to help combat the coronavirus as it continues throughout the year.
Since it opened in 2017, Eastern Kentucky University's Scholar House has held a big year-end celebration for the pre-kindergarten students in its Head Start program.
When local business owner Gus LaFontaine signed up for U.S. Army National Guard fresh out of high school in 1998, he didn't anticipate his service would include responding to a health crisis like the coronavirus.
As Berea City Administrator David Gregory presented the 2021 fiscal year budget to the council, he told them this year would be different in many ways.
- City moves closer to providing skate plaza
- Downtown entertainment district approved in Richmond
- Drug 'Take Back Day' to take place Saturday
- Wandering with Warren: Historians taken back in time with photographs
- Bill gives local politicians oversight of library board
- Richmond Parks celebrates Earth Day at Camp Catalpa
- Madison County Property Transfers: March 24 - March 31
- Third judge second tier to history of court system
- How a new judge will affect the public defender and commonwealth attorney offices
- Madison County Circuit Court to receive third judge with new bill
- Diabetics question why crucial bills on affordable insulin were blocked
- Madison County Schools remember Eddie Tribble
- Entire U.S. stockpile of VX Nerve Agent eliminated
- Project scheduled for the Clays Ferry Bridge
- 'Here to serve:' Berea Council defeats pay increases for mayor, council, other boards
- Buc-ee's opens to the public with ribbon cutting ceremony
- Vendor fair and live music at Dreaming Creek anniversary
- Easter Eggstravaganza returns to Richmond
- Rest in Love, Gloria Jean
- First responders get first taste, look at Buc-ee's Travel Center
- EKU receives $90 million to build new Model facility
- Blue Grass Army Depot (BGAD) completes ‘Active Shooter Response’ exercise
- Richards named Baptist Health Richmond Vice President of Support Services
- County recognizes Public Safety Telecommunicators Week
- City could implement ordinance for open carry of beverages during special events
- Dreaming Creek Brewery celebrates four years
- Quarles talks ag success, concerns
- Easter Bunny visits Waco with volunteer fire department
- Berea Utilities again cited for excellence
- The devil is in the details: Richmond production company films horror movie in Kentucky
- County nears completion of 'major energy saving project'
- Depot to conduct active shooter training exercise
- Baptist Health celebrates virtual groundbreaking of Thrive Center
- CASA pinwheel tribute takes place in Berea
- BRUSHING UP
- Health Inspections: March 12 - March 25
- Battlefield Park to host celebrated Union General Lew Wallace
- Congressman Barr aims to close loophole to hinder Russian oil and gas producers
- Berea hears first reading of pay-increase ordinance for mayor, council members
- Madison County Historical Society pitches idea for new Kit Carson birthplace marker
- Pomp and bad circumstances: EKU graduates, attendees brave heat during commencement
- 2022 PRIMARY ELECTION: Madison County Magistrate race results
- 2022 PRIMARY ELECTION: Incumbents win big, five newcomers net spots on General Election ballot for Richmond City Commission
- Escalated trespassing report causes I-75 shutdown
- 6-year-old drowns in Red Lick Creek near Berea
- 2022 PRIMARY ELECTION: Taylor sweeps past competitors in primary race
- 2022 PRIMARY ELECTION: Madison County chooses Ackerman for PVA
- OPINION: Still fiddling, still burning
- Electioneering hotline receives complaints in Madison County
- Berea College constructing second hydroelectric generating plant at Lock 14 in Beattyville