An employee of Holiday Motel in Berea was charged Friday with stealing from the business.
Shelly Vanwinkle, 39, of Berea, was charged with felony theft of $2,000, according to a Berea police news release.
Officers interviewed Vanwinkle about a series of thefts that had been reported at the hotel between Aug. 27 and Sept. 7.
Vanwinkle admitted she took the money, which she had received as payment for hotel rooms, according to the BPD.
Thefts & burglaries
• A resident in the 700 block of Richmond Road reported that items were taken from inside of her vehicle during the night. Estimated loss: $100.
• Officers were called to Jeff’s Home and Hearth in reference to a burglary. Forced entry was made into the business and some items were taken from inside. No information on the estimated loss or what items were taken was provided by the BPD.
• Officers spoke with a complainant in reference to a theft that occurred on Scaffold Cane Road. The victim reported that items were taken from her vehicle while it was parked at the Berea College walking trail. Estimated loss: $150.
• Officers were called to Burger King in reference to a theft. The victim reported that her cell phone was stolen from inside the business. Estimated loss: $279.
From Friday to Monday, the Berea police cited or charged people with the following misdemeanors:
• Two people with operating a motor vehicle under the influence (second offense)
• One person with theft by unlawful taking, shoplifting ($11.94)
• One person with operating a motor vehicle under the influence (first offense) and reckless driving.
Anyone with information about these cases is asked to call the Berea Police Department at 986-8456.