The Madison County Farm Tour planning committee has been busy planning our upcoming trip. This year we are headed to the sunshine state of Florida!
We have changed the dates this year to beat the Florida heat. Tour dates are Sept. 24-30. As usual, we will be travelling in a bus provided by Bluegrass Tours and there is room for 52 people.
Tentative tour stops include the following:
• Peanut harvesting and production in Georgia
• A 1,200-acre vegetable farm
• Kennedy Space Center tour
• Deseret Ranch tour (largest ranch in the U.S. with 40,000 head of cattle on 290,000 acres)
• Syfrett Feed Mill
• Williamson Ranch
• Westway Sugar production plant
• Buck Island Ranch and Agro-Ecology Research Center (12,000 acres)
• Park Island Gator Farm
• Bates Caladium Farm
You may sign up for the tour on Wednesday, June 13, at 8 a.m. at the Madison County Extension Office in Room B of the front office building. A deposit of $200 per couple is required at registration. Total cost per couple is expected to be between $1,200 and $1,400. The balance will be due in mid-late July. You will receive additional information after you sign up. For more details, call the Madison Extension Office at 623-4072.
Educational programs of the University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service serve all people regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability or national origin.