GLASGOW — If Ed Darst was given an opportunity to do anything he wanted, he'd choose fishing.
On picturesque Smith Lane in rural Berea, outside the city limits where houses are few and open fields thrive, Clarence and Vicky Hayes farm, write, work and create ceramics. Their endeavors happen in several buildings that include a house, barn, studio and a handful of kilns on 24 acres nam…
OLIVE HILL — In that way kids have of changing everything, often unwittingly, Tim Johnson’s son and niece turned his side gig into a bona-fide enterprise.
BARBOURVILLE -- While many give credit to Daniel Boone for blazing the trail to Kentucky, Boone wasn't the first European to discover the commonwealth. Dr. Thomas Walker wasn't the first European to discover Kentucky either, but he was the first to record his findings and he and his crew wer…
CAVE CITY -- Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Mammoth Cave in Cave City was recognized as the Park of the Year by the National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds during the Outdoor Hospitality Conference and Expo held in Knoxville.
LONDON, Ky. -- The sweet smell that hovers along East Fourth Street in London is a symbol of a long-standing business that is celebrating its 90th year of operation.
Walk through one of Madison County's largest cemeteries around Memorial Day and you will see 8x12-inch American flags flying over the graves of veterans.
MCCREARY COUNTY -- In the heart of the Daniel Boone National Forest lies the remnants of an amusement park that saw thousands of visitors, staged gunfights, famous musical performers, and the only standard gauge steam locomotive operating in Kentucky from the 1970s to 1991.
On Tuesday morning, Sept. 24, 1968, Luska J. Twyman, a 54-year-old school principal and city councilman, earned a spot in local, state and national history when he was sworn in as mayor of Glasgow. After taking the oath of office administered by Circuit Judge Cass Walden and seeing to a few …
BARBOURVILLE -- The 72nd annual Daniel Boone Festival is scheduled to begin next week in downtown Barbourville.
It's no secret that Kentucky is a prime area of the U.S. for producing and enjoying old-time country music. A large part of the country music legacy for the Bluegrass region has been the Renfro Valley Entertainment Center, celebrating its 80-year anniversary this year.
Somerset’s own JJ Maguire is a classically-trained musician who had a run decades ago as the drummer for the chart-topping band, The Gentrys.
CORBIN — Area foodies and festival goers know Nathan Stepek for his food truck flare and his signature and namesake handlebar mustache, but his closest friends and family know there is much more to the man behind the mustache grilling inside the truck.
PARK CITY, Ky. -- August marked the 160th anniversary of the start of cave tours at Diamond Caverns, which can be found along Ky. 255 inside the boundaries of Mammoth Cave National Park.
LONDON -- London native Chase Mosko learned early about creativity -- a characteristic that he credits to his mother's strict but loving nature.
MOREHEAD — As Kentucky looks to find a replacement for tobacco as a cash crop, Morehead State University is aiding the endeavor with research on hemp.
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Historic locomotive ready for new life
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: House receives lifetime achievement award from MMF
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Loretta Lynn's old home becomes a beacon
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Providing free clothing for the needy
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Weldon tournament continues tradition of tennis excellence
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Creating art for Goodwill
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: The guitar that survived World War II
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Restoring the sound of music
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Moonbow experience offers more than just a nighttime rainbow at Cumberland Falls
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Glasgow Highland Games celebrates family
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Kentucky native competes on 'Naked and Afraid' for second time
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Carter County is the place for bluegrass music
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Science and art collide at PhbeaD
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Creating vibrant new life using pour paint art
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Kentucky reporter goes on journey with her autistic son
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Riley uses community kitchen to help combat food insecurity
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Park provides visitors with unique animal interactions
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Robinson Stave: Family-owned for 60 years
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Rowan history museum highlights railroads, nostalgia
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Guild continues to support, showcase artists
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Todd Duncan was one of opera's brightest stars
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Making spirits in Pike County
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Marietta fosters southeastern Kentucky art, ideas
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Eight decades of tradition at Dovie's
- MADSOCIAL: Living her dream: Madison County native opens country cafe
- INDICTMENTS: Man charged in 2018 fatal accident
- CRIME REPORT: Richmond man facing child porn charges
- Richmond Codes discusses properties
- CRIME REPORT: Man charged with raping teen
- CRIME REPORT: Man charged with strangulation, assault
- Chenault proved an 'old school' judge could be an innovator
- Community Watch Crime Tips — Jan. 17, 2020
- A journey of passion: McFaddin talks about his past, future with EKU
- INABNET: Goiters are a diagnosis that can be hard to swallow