OWENSBORO (AP) -- In less than four months of existence, God Smile Ministry is already impacting lives through improving their oral health.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Most people would say that Billy Ray Cyrus has been lucky to keep finding himself in the middle of massive pop culture moments over this three-decade long career in music and television.
LONDON, Ky. -- At the young age of 5, she attended her first concert watching Conway Twitty perform songs like "Hello Darlin" and "I'd Love to Lay You Down" on the stage at the once booming Tombstone Junction.
On picturesque Smith Lane in rural Berea, outside the city limits where houses are few and open fields thrive, Clarence and Vicky Hayes farm, write, work and create ceramics. Their endeavors happen in several buildings that include a house, barn, studio and a handful of kilns on 24 acres nam…
OLIVE HILL — In that way kids have of changing everything, often unwittingly, Tim Johnson’s son and niece turned his side gig into a bona-fide enterprise.
BARBOURVILLE -- While many give credit to Daniel Boone for blazing the trail to Kentucky, Boone wasn't the first European to discover the commonwealth. Dr. Thomas Walker wasn't the first European to discover Kentucky either, but he was the first to record his findings and he and his crew wer…
CAVE CITY -- Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Mammoth Cave in Cave City was recognized as the Park of the Year by the National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds during the Outdoor Hospitality Conference and Expo held in Knoxville.
LONDON, Ky. -- The sweet smell that hovers along East Fourth Street in London is a symbol of a long-standing business that is celebrating its 90th year of operation.
Walk through one of Madison County's largest cemeteries around Memorial Day and you will see 8x12-inch American flags flying over the graves of veterans.
MCCREARY COUNTY -- In the heart of the Daniel Boone National Forest lies the remnants of an amusement park that saw thousands of visitors, staged gunfights, famous musical performers, and the only standard gauge steam locomotive operating in Kentucky from the 1970s to 1991.
On Tuesday morning, Sept. 24, 1968, Luska J. Twyman, a 54-year-old school principal and city councilman, earned a spot in local, state and national history when he was sworn in as mayor of Glasgow. After taking the oath of office administered by Circuit Judge Cass Walden and seeing to a few …
BARBOURVILLE -- The 72nd annual Daniel Boone Festival is scheduled to begin next week in downtown Barbourville.
It's no secret that Kentucky is a prime area of the U.S. for producing and enjoying old-time country music. A large part of the country music legacy for the Bluegrass region has been the Renfro Valley Entertainment Center, celebrating its 80-year anniversary this year.
Somerset’s own JJ Maguire is a classically-trained musician who had a run decades ago as the drummer for the chart-topping band, The Gentrys.
CORBIN — Area foodies and festival goers know Nathan Stepek for his food truck flare and his signature and namesake handlebar mustache, but his closest friends and family know there is much more to the man behind the mustache grilling inside the truck.
PARK CITY, Ky. -- August marked the 160th anniversary of the start of cave tours at Diamond Caverns, which can be found along Ky. 255 inside the boundaries of Mammoth Cave National Park.
LONDON -- London native Chase Mosko learned early about creativity -- a characteristic that he credits to his mother's strict but loving nature.
MOREHEAD — As Kentucky looks to find a replacement for tobacco as a cash crop, Morehead State University is aiding the endeavor with research on hemp.
The last operating C&O locomotive recently made a historic journey across the state to find a new home in Ravenna, and many from central Kentucky turned out to see the event. The Chesapeake and Ohio 2716 has filled many roles throughout its existence. Soon, the Kentucky Steam Heritage Co…
Step into Pauline House’s piano studio, and framed on the wall, you’ll immediately see this mouthful of a word: misodoctakleidist.
GLASGOW -- The winner of the longest running "money" tennis tournament in Kentucky garners a prize for besting the field, but he also gets to see his name etched on a championship trophy that boasts some of the best names in state history for amateur and professional tennis.
Three EKU professors were selected for a unique art residency opportunity with Goodwill Industries of Kentucky. The Richmond residents were juried in and will select items from Goodwill Stores to create art, which will be exhibited and sold at a fundraiser in November.
CORBIN -- As the moon becomes full, the traffic is likely to be a little heavier on the roadways in Whitley County, specifically the road the locals call "Falls Highway," as community members and tourists alike head toward Highway 90 to their destination.
LUCAS -- The weekend after Memorial Day for more than three decades, people from all over the U.S. and some from other nations have converged at Barren River Lake State Resort Park for the Glasgow Highland Games.
Growing up in East Bernstadt, living in the woods and learning to hunt and fish, Christina McQueen knew she would be able to compete on Discovery's "Naked and Afraid" after watching it the first time.
Nothing says "Kentucky" like bluegrass music, a genre so linked with the state and its native son Bill Monroe, that they named it for his band, the Bluegrass Boys. In fact, a list of notable bluegrass pickers almost reads like a who's who of Kentucky musicians, with Ricky Skaggs, Don Rigsby,…
My son, Logan, was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder three years ago, when he was only 2. I knew nothing about raising a child with autism, but I dove into the world of early intervention and did everything within my power to help my son thrive in this world.
LONDON — Wayne Riley grew up in Laurel County. By trade, he’s a carpenter, but he’s always had a vision for food. And if you spend any amount of time with him, you’ll realize there’s a lot on his plate. That’s because Riley put it there with his dreams and goals, and inch by inch, he’s getti…
HORSE CAVE -- Mick McGill grew up around kangaroos in Australia. Now he spends his time around kangaroos and other animals as director of animal management at Kentucky Down Under, an Australian-themed animal park located just off of I-65 in Horse Cave.
The scent of white oak -- steamed and charred -- lingers off KY 3434. Logs stack atop one another, waiting to be sawed into staves and begin their lives as barrels for whiskey and wine.
If you listen closely, you can almost hear the whistle of the Morehead & North Fork as it rumbles by the old freight station in Morehead.
It’s no secret that Berea is a hub for the visual arts and original craftsmanship. Jeannette Rowlett has had a hand in that legacy as director of the Kentucky Guild of Artists and Craftsmen, or KGAC, for the past 12 years.
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: ‘Little and pretty:’ It’s what sets Diamond Caverns apart
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: London man wins Kentucky Floral Designer of the Year
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Hemp Kentucky’s new cash crop?
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Historic locomotive ready for new life
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: House receives lifetime achievement award from MMF
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Loretta Lynn's old home becomes a beacon
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Providing free clothing for the needy
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Weldon tournament continues tradition of tennis excellence
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Creating art for Goodwill
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: The guitar that survived World War II
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Restoring the sound of music
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Moonbow experience offers more than just a nighttime rainbow at Cumberland Falls
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Glasgow Highland Games celebrates family
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Kentucky native competes on 'Naked and Afraid' for second time
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Carter County is the place for bluegrass music
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Science and art collide at PhbeaD
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Creating vibrant new life using pour paint art
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Kentucky reporter goes on journey with her autistic son
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Riley uses community kitchen to help combat food insecurity
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Park provides visitors with unique animal interactions
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Robinson Stave: Family-owned for 60 years
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Rowan history museum highlights railroads, nostalgia
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Guild continues to support, showcase artists
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Todd Duncan was one of opera's brightest stars
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Making spirits in Pike County
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Marietta fosters southeastern Kentucky art, ideas
- HEART OF THE BLUEGRASS: Eight decades of tradition at Dovie's
- Fire tears through woodworking shop in Berea
- Arnold responds to outcry at first Richmond meeting
- Madison County woman arrested after falling asleep in stranger’s car
- Evidence goes missing in case against Rep. Robert Goforth
- Madison County Health Department announces link for waiting list for COVID-19 vaccine
- Madison County Board of education elects 2021 chair
- Elam's case continued until Feb. for murder and rape charges
- Biden picks 1st transgender person for Senate-confirmed post
- Undercover investigation leads to arrest of Kentucky teacher
- UPDATED: Petition filed for Rep. Goforth's impeachment