Two state House of Representative races with Madison County districts will be among seven contests recanvassed Thursday at 9 a.m., according to word from Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes' office.
Sen. Jared Carpenter, a Republican from Berea, won a third four-year term representing the 34th District in the state Senate on Tuesday, with 61.8 percent of the vote.
The votes are in and the citizens have spoken and elected Bruce Fraley Mayor of Berea, defeating incumbent Steve Connelly who held the seat for 16 years and local businessman Charles Arnold.
After the votes were counted Tuesday, it was a red tide and not a blue wave that washed over the contests for State House of Representatives serving portions of Madison County after four of five seats were claimed by the GOP, though not all were claimed by large margins.
Incumbent Billy Ackerman, Democrat, will remain Madison County's property valuation administrator for another term after winning by a little more than 3 percent of the vote in Tuesday night's general election.
RICHMOND, Ky. (AP) -- Republican U.S. Rep. Andy Barr won a fourth term in Kentucky's 6th Congressional District, defeating Democrat and former Marine fighter pilot Amy McGrath on Tuesday in a district that President Donald Trump won by double digits in 2016.
After 16 years serving on the Richmond City Commission, Robert Blythe was named Richmond's mayor elect. Voters made the decision by a margin of 661 votes with Blythe having 4,661 to challenger Jim Newby's 4,000.
While Richmond residents Betsy Burch and Wayne Robinson don't completely agree with the candidates they plan to vote for, each knows who they'll pick in the tightly contested Sixth Congressional district race.
Madison County is home to about 91,226 people, as well as two well-known institutions of higher education, Eastern Kentucky University and Berea College. The central Kentucky county has made its mark in various fields, including industry, education, medicine, farming and the arts, and this y…
- ELECTION 2018: 81st District
- ELECTION 2018: What to know before you vote
- ELECTION 2018: 71st State House District
- ELECTION 2018: 89th State House District
- ELECTION: Two vie for 73rd District House seat
- ELECTION 2018 Richmond Mayoral Race: Jim Newby
- ELECTION 2018 Richmond Mayoral Race: Robert Blythe
- ELECTION 2018: Richmond City Commission
- ELECTION 2018: Madison County Attorney race
- Many still love Trump in Bluegrass
- ELECTION 2018: Berea City Council
- ELECTION 2018: State Senate 34th District
- ELECTION 2018 Berea Mayor: Charles Arnold
- ELECTION 2018 Berea Mayor: Steve Connelly
- ELECTION 2018 Berea Mayor: Bruce Fraley
- ELECTION 2018: 91st district House of Representatives
- Barr, McGrath spar over health care, taxes in KET forum
- ELECTION 2018: Madison County Sheriff
- ELECTION 2018: Madison County Jailer
- McGrath claims 'momentum' in district Trump won in '16
- ELECTION 2018: Berea Independent School Board
- ELECTION 2018: Madison County Board of Education
- ELECTION 2018: Magistrate District 3
- ELECTION 2018: Magistrate District 4
- ELECTION 2018: Magistrate District 2
- ELECTION 2018: Magistrate District 1
- ELECTION 2018: Madison County Circuit Clerk
- ELECTION 2018: Madison County PVA
- How will Supreme Court hearings motivate voters?
- Kentucky candidates could use campaign cash for child care
- Could Democrats take back the state House?
- McGrath has fundraising edge over Barr in expensive Congressional race
- Kentucky judge blocks certification of 'Marsy's Law' vote
- 'Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity': Rally goers line up early to see President Trump
- Protestors ready to 'move out' lawmakers
- Biden will campaign for McGrath next week
- Beshear raises nearly $700k for 2019 campaign
- McGrath to spend election night in Madison County
- McGrath raises $3.65 million in third quarter
- Forum gives mayor candidates a chance to take a stand on city issues
- CRIME REPORT: Police say Walmart employee was stealing gift cards
- KSP investigating escaped inmate in Madison County
- Community Watch: Warrants and Crime Tips — December 8, 2018
- UPDATE: Health department investigating Hep A case in a food handler
- KSP arrests two for robbery, kidnapping
- CRIME REPORT: Man charged with possession of forged instrument
- CRIME REPORT: Deputies arrest Richmond man for trafficking heroin
- Helping out for the holidays
- CRIME REPORT: Woman charged with having meth
- Friends give 'small gesture' to inmates