The Madison County Board of Education met Thursday to revise its working budget.
Congressman Andy Barr visited Eastern Kentucky University Wednesday to speak about the success of his amendment, House Resolution 2196, to the Edith Nourse Rogers STEM Scholarship program in the Forever GI Bill.
Nichol Ripley, who is planning to earn her doctorate in veterinary science, was the commencement speaker for EKU's College of Business and Technology graduation in December. Within her speech, Ripley talked about the three biggest leaps in her life -- her decision to enlist, her decision to …
FRANKFORT (AP) — College credentials are still a good value for Kentuckians, according to a new report issued by the state Council on Postsecondary Education.
Several veterans with Bechtel Parsons Blue Grass (BPBG) presented the EKU Office of Military and Veterans Affairs and student veterans with a $4,000 check to help the group furnish the new veterans center and lounge in the Powell Building.
Many professionals strive for years in the workplace before their efforts are fully recognized. That's why Easter Kentucky University aviation alumnus Matthew Singer was surprised to learn that after just two years managing the London-Corbin Airport in London, Kentucky, the Kentucky Aviation…
LEXINGTON -- In higher education, the value of following your passion, meeting challenges head-on and working toward something bigger than yourself are all promoted to students by their professors. Sometimes, students are lucky enough to have a teacher who not only encourages this, but lives…
For both Madison County Schools and Berea Independent, 2019 was a big year. As the calendar as flipped to 2020, Berea Independent Superintendent Diane Hatchett and Madison County Schools Superintendent David Gilliam talk about the highlights of last year and look toward the future.
After his resignation as President of Eastern Kentucky University, President Emeritus Michael Benson has found himself in, what he calls "the heart of campus," Eastern's library. Benson is staying on campus in order to help to with the transition to a new president as well as continuing to w…
At the first Madison County Board of Education meeting of the new year, the decision was made to begin to process of bringing litigation against Juul and other e-cigarette companies.
A big step in a student's financial security is learning the difference between a "need and a want," according to the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA).
Eastern Kentucky University had 24 students from its Honors Program present research and creative works at the 54th annual National Collegiate Honors Council (NCHC) which was held in New Orleans, Louisiana, Nov. 6 through Nov. 9, according to a news release. The release states that this numb…
Autumn Olmsted and Macy Wood, both juniors and members of the Madison Central High School Key club, recently volunteered with the Salvation Army by doing collections at the Richmond Kroger. The Key Club is sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Richmond.
Continuing a commitment to hold increase to no more than the cost of inflation, the University of Kentucky Board of Trustees approved a slight increase to the 2020-21 housing and dining rates.
NEWPORT, Ky. (AP) -- The first charter school application filed in Kentucky has been unanimously denied, leaving the state to likely go another year without charter schools since being approved by the General Assembly in 2017.
- Funding higher education
- Berea College helps to fight disparities in rural America
- Thompson goes on statewide higher ed listening tour
- Engineering the future: UK, EKU collaborate with KAMPERS program
- UK to honor fall graduates at Commencement Ceremonies Friday
- KY Kids Eat fights against child hunger
- EDUCATION NOTEBOOK: Madison County Schools sets 2020-21 calendar
- Spring registration underway for Fun With the Arts
- Full of hope: Brazilian native passes on life advice to fellow EKU graduates
- Berea Community on lockdown Friday following threat
- Educators receive Mike's Kids grants
- McFaddin appointed interim EKU president
- UPDATE: Education chief resigns as new board discusses removal
- Kentucky's ACT scores drop in 2019
- Education commissioner’s job in jeopardy; new board sets meeting
- EKU President Benson resigns
- Governor replaces state school board
- EDUCATION NOTEBOOK: A guide to EKU's Fall Commencement
- ‘Expanding the Berea idea’
- EDUCATION NOTEBOOK: Branscome to address Berea's Mid-Year Graduates
- Lewis: Doing the best for kids
- Research group uses hemp to fix bridges
- Medicaid expanding health services in Kentucky schools
- 'Once in a lifetime experience': Central band ready for holiday to remember
- Threat reported at Model
- EDUCATION NOTEBOOK: Madison County's Farm Bureau boasts two winners from contest
- EDUCATION NOTEBOOK: Berea College recognized for outstanding service to environmental education
- Teacher of the Year shares her lifelong love of music
- Racing and learning: LaFontaine Prep engaging students with Soap Box Derby program
- Study to explore differences among charter, private and public schools
- EKU awarded opioid response funds
- 'Don't be passin'': School bus driver urges caution for kids' safety
- 'Incredibly successful': Central, Southern band directors reflect on marching season
- Free viewing of 'Screenagers' comes to Richmond on Nov. 7
- Superintendents outline legislative agenda
- EKU's Sultana selected as Fulbright specialist
- EKU, RAAC collaborate to provide music education
- UK Gatton Student Center coffee tables preserve campus heritage
- Central places 2nd at state marching band championships
- County food program provides suppers
- MADSOCIAL: Living her dream: Madison County native opens country cafe
- INDICTMENTS: Man charged in 2018 fatal accident
- Richmond proposes Mill District, business incentives
- COURT: Man sentenced on drug trafficking charges
- Chenault proved an 'old school' judge could be an innovator
- CRIME REPORT: Men charged with trafficking heroin
- CRIME REPORT: Man charged with strangulation, assault
- INABNET: Goiters are a diagnosis that can be hard to swallow
- A journey of passion: McFaddin talks about his past, future with EKU
- Serve those who serve: Madison County resident serving as director of KLC