In January, the Madison County School Board approved a tentative budget for the 2020-2021 year.
Since it opened in 2017, Eastern Kentucky University's Scholar House has held a big year-end celebration for the pre-kindergarten students in its Head Start program.
A steady line of cars filed through the parking lot of Berea Community School Thursday evening.
Schools all across Madison County have welcomed their students back onto their campuses in recent weeks — but not for classes.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — The Kentucky Department of Education is asking school districts to be flexible as they plan calendars for the next school year.
As part of the celebration of Teacher Appreciation Week (May 4-8), the staff at Model Laboratory wanted to do something special for the families of their students.
BEREA -- Many schools across Madison County have held teachers parades since the COVID-19 outbreak -- where the teachers and staff drive through the neighbors of students.
There are no new cases of the coronavirus for Madison County as of Tuesday afternoon, according to the local health department.
More than anything, local school leaders are most upset about how their schools won't be ending in a traditional fashion following Gov. Andy Beshear's recommendation Monday that schools remain closed for the rest of the academic year.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — The University of Kentucky announced plans Tuesday to lay off and furlough some employees in response to a projected $70 million budget shortfall in the coming year caused by the coronavirus.
Morehead State University Theatre students have come together to present its latest production in an unconventional way after the university canceled all public performance by the School of Creative Arts.
In recent weeks, schools across Madison County have been conducting teacher parades, where staff and facility drive around in a festive procession and visit their students in their neighborhoods -- from a safe distance.
Interim President David McFaddin announced the plan to refund 33% of housing costs and 33% of dining plan costs in an email sent to students on March 9.
- Official: Schools should be flexible with start dates
- Model honors 2020 At-Home Teachers of the Year
- 'Success is sweet' -- Shannon Johnson Elementary plays host to student parade
- EKU professor wins Fulbright for research in Sicily
- No new cases; McFaddin breaks down $7 million shortfall
- Berea Community High School No. 20 in Kentucky
- Finishing out the school year
- University of Kentucky announces steps to overcome shortfall
- STAR Scholarships awarded to high schoolers
- EKU professor receives Fulbright Scholar award
- 'All I want to do is help'
- MSU offers free online performance of 'In the Next Room'
- 'Very excited'
- St. Mark holds student parade
- Looking for Colonels on the front line
- EKU announces plans for refunds, summer registration
- Madison County Board of Education to meet via video
- EKU communication disorders program helps community through telepractice
- UK College of Social Work launches resource center for kinship caregivers
- Bringing Teachers and Students back together
- Kentucky Board of Education to meet Thursday via video teleconference
- Madison Southern appreciates teachers
- Madison County, Berea find new way to register children for kindergarten
- Somerset, Louisville businesses help prepare engineering, technology students
- Virtual library open to students, teachers
- Class of COVID-19? High school seniors could experience new last of school
- Model teachers using NTI days for first time
- Helping students deal with stress
- 'We are up to the task': Madison County Schools handling the closure of schools
- House Bill 366 heads to governor's desk
- Meal delivery times starting March 23
- UPDATE: EKU extends shift to online instruction
- Groups teaming up to feed children
- Madison County Schools to take NTI decisions week-by-week
- 'Helping out families': Madison Southern students hope to provide daycare options
- Feeding students during the break
- EDUCATION NOTEBOOK: EKU students host walker wash
- Gov. Beshear urges schools to close for at least 2 weeks
- UPDATE: County schools to be closed until April; Model, Berea to suspend in-person classes
- PHOTOS: Students learn to make origami
- Three new cases in Madison County
- Many mourn loss of Richmond man
- Brandon Watkins leaves Madison County Schools
- Ky. health commissioner concerned Kentuckians taking virus lightly
- Funds coming to state to combat COVID-19
- Three arrested in connection to robbery
- Overcoming every obstacle
- Madison County School Board approves tentative budget that does not dip into contingency fund
- Police: Man had 161 grams of heroin
- Man ordered to more than 16 years in prison