Model Laboratory School held its third free vaccine clinic of the year on Thursday afternoon.
WASHINGTON (AP) — A person in California who had been vaccinated against COVID-19 became the first in the U.S. to have an identified case of the omicron variant, the White House announced Wednesday as scientists continue to study the risks posed by the new virus strain.
After two months serving at the Baptist Health Richmond facility, the National Guard will resign their post on Nov. 15.
FRANKFORT (AP) — Kentucky's attorney general pushed back Thursday against President Joe Biden's coronavirus vaccination mandate for private employers, filing a lawsuit claiming the requirement amounts to government overreach.
After weeks of being one of the top 10 states for its coronavirus infection rate, Kentucky took a plunge to No. 16 in The New York Times rankings Tuesday, as the state's case numbers and positive-test rate kept falling.
Despite hundreds of new positive COVID-19 cases reported over the past week, overall COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations in Madison County are continuing to decline.
Despite hundreds of new positive COVID-19 cases reported over the past week, overall COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations in Madison County are on the decline.
The rate of new COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations is starting to decline, according to figures from the local and state health agencies.
FRANKFORT (AP) — Gov. Andy Beshear recommended Monday that Kentucky use $400 million in federal pandemic relief assistance to provide bonuses next year for beleaguered health-care staff and other frontline workers who provided essential services during the COVID-19 outbreak.
On Friday, Oct. 1, the lobby of Richmond City Hall reopened to the public; citizens doing business at City Hall are encouraged to continue to follow the CDC guidelines, including wearing a mask when inside City Hall.
FRANKFORT (AP) — Kentucky is planning an outreach campaign in coming months to continue encouraging more people to get vaccinated against COVID-19, Gov. Andy Beshear said.
FRANKFORT (AP) — Coronavirus-related hospitalizations in Kentucky have dropped in recent days, leaving state officials hopeful the new month will be much better than September, when the delta variant ravaged the state.
One of the many challenges facing Kentuckians who remain unvaccinated against the coronavirus is that they still have unanswered questions about vaccines, some based on facts and others based on myths. This story is an attempt to sort through some of those questions and to counter misinformation.
One additional death has been reported for Madison County for a total of 127 deaths as well as 145 new cases as of Thursday evening according to the state's COVID-19 dashboard.
FRANKFORT (AP) — The coronavirus claimed 52 more lives in Kentucky as the governor warned Wednesday that the virus is hitting younger people harder than at any other time during the public health crisis.
FRANKFORT (AP) — School boards in nearly three-fourths of Kentucky's school districts have extended mask requirements as one district on Wednesday mourned the coronavirus-related death of a teacher.
RICHMOND – Due to rising COVID-19 cases in Madison County and across Kentucky, the city of Richmond has chosen to close City Hall to walk-in traffic until further notice, beginning Thursday, September 9, 2021, according to a press release sent out that day.
Over 700 cases of COVID-19 are being reported for the week of Aug. 30, 2021, through Sept. 5, 2021, in Madison County, according to the local health department.
Thirty members of the Kentucky National Guard began a month-long deployment Wednesday at Pikeville Medical Center, where they will support the hospital’s response to an unprecedented number of patients with COVID-19.
FRANKFORT (AP) — Keeping students learning in their classrooms should be the overarching goal of any education policies responding to disruptions caused by COVID-19, a key lawmaker said Wednesday.
FRANKFORT — A Kentucky lawmaker has prefiled a bill that would provide workers’ compensation benefits to people who must get vaccinated as a condition of employment and experience adverse side effects within 14 days.
FRANKFORT (AP) — An instructional assistant at an eastern Kentucky elementary school died from COVID-19 as the fast-spreading delta variant has sparked outbreaks in several school districts.
FRANKFORT (AP) — Staffing shortages have spread to more Kentucky hospitals as medical teams treat record numbers of COVID-19 patients from a relentless coronavirus surge, Gov. Andy Beshear said Friday.
FRANKFORT (AP) — Kentucky's governor said Thursday that the latest batch of grim COVID-19 statistics would have spurred him to order a statewide mask mandate indoors if he still wielded the authority.
Baptist Health Richmond is temporarily suspending elective procedures beginning Thursday for the next 14 days. Urgent and emergency procedures will still be performed.
FRANKFORT (AP) — Kentucky’s Democratic governor on Monday shifted the burden of combating the COVID-19 pandemic to Republican lawmakers after a court cleared the way for limits on his emergency powers.
FRANKFORT (AP) — Kentucky was hit with record numbers of COVID-19 patients in hospitals and intensive care units Monday as cases were driven up by the fast-spreading delta variant, Gov. Andy Beshear said Monday.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Top Republican lawmakers are promising to work with Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear to fight COVID-19 after a court ruling cleared the way for new limits on the Democratic governor's emergency powers.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. gave full approval to Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine Monday, a milestone that could boost public confidence in the shots and spur more companies, universities and local governments to make vaccinations mandatory.
LOUISVILLE (AP) — Fans, artists, and staff at Louisville music festival Louder Than Life will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result, Louder Than Life says.
FRANKFORT (KT) — The investigation into the fatal shooting of a Louisville man, after someone reportedly opened fire on Louisville Police and Kentucky National Guardsmen, has determined a bullet from a Guardsman’s weapon caused the fatal wound.
In efforts to limit the continuing spread of the coronavirus, patients, family members, visitors, staff and vendors must wear a face mask at all times while in the Baptist Health Richmond location.
HODGENVILLE, Ky. (AP) — The Abraham Lincoln Birthplace in Kentucky is increasing visitor access and services this week with guidance from government health officials about the coronavirus pandemic.
For weeks Samantha Clarke calmly listened to the insults and threats directed daily at her and her employees by people who learned they couldn't enter the Modesto, California, store without wearing a mask and following other coronavirus-related rules.
NEW YORK (AP) — With New York City poised to reopen after a more than two-month coronavirus shutdown, officials on Sunday lifted a curfew that was in place amid protests of police brutality and racial injustice. But they also urged that demonstrators be tested for COVID-19.
The Richmond Raceway roared back into action on Saturday with an incredibly busy card of racing.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Biologist Carlos Ruiz has spent a quarter-century working to save golden lion tamarins, the charismatic long-maned monkeys native to Brazil’s Atlantic Forest.
Because of disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic, Richmond Parks and Recreation has transformed its annual summer camp program to an at-home summer camp.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Health officials in Kentucky's largest city are urging protesters to get tested for the coronavirus.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (KT) - Another big spike in cases of the coronavirus in Kentucky was reported Thursday at Gov. Andy Beshear’s daily press briefing.
U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) announced Wednesday the Kentucky Hospital Research and Education Foundation, an arm of the Kentucky Hospital Association (KHA), will receive $1,805,649 to respond to the coronavirus pandemic.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — A 9-month-old who tested positive for COVID-19 was among eight more people whose deaths were related to the coronavirus in Kentucky, Gov. Andy Beshear announced Wednesday.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear said Wednesday that he has reached agreement with top lawmakers on adjusting state transportation spending without a special legislative session.
Calling it a "very difficult budget situation to be in," in light of global pandemic, Berea Mayor Bruce Fraley and the city's council approved the first reading of the 2021 fiscal year budget.
WINCHESTER, Ky. (AP) — Day use recreation sites at Daniel Boone National Forest are reopening after being temporarily shut down due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Since the coronavirus pandemic began, Kentucky food banks have seen a 30% increase in use according to Ryan Quarles, the state’s agriculture commissioner.
Coronavirus cases showed a big drop on Sunday, but jumped again on Monday to a number similar to the elevated numbers seen near the end of last week. Prior to the elevation in numbers late last week, the state had seen a downward trend for almost two weeks.
- Kentucky students send healthcare workers letters, goodies
- Beshear: Virus-related hospitalizations dropping in Kentucky
- Six new COVID-19 deaths reported
- COVID-19 cases continue to rise
- Answers to frequently asked questions about coronavirus, COVID-19, and vaccines
- Another COVID-19 death, Baptist Health opens walk-in clinic
- Kentucky: 52 more virus deaths as younger people hit harder
- More Kentucky school districts extending mask requirements
- Three COVID-19 deaths in three days
- Richmond meetings to return to virtual, city hall closed to walk-in
- Unvaccinated hospitalizations, deaths rise in Madison County
- 705 cases of COVID-19 reported for previous week
- Incident rate reaches 100 cases for Madison County
- KY National Guard assisting overrun hospitals
- Lawmakers weigh education options amid COVID-19 surge
- Up in all factors
- KY lawmaker seeks benefits for workers with side effects from required COVID vaccines
- 549 new cases, three new COVID-19 deaths
- Instructional aide at Kentucky school dies from COVID-19
- More Kentucky hospitals facing critical staffing shortages
- Beshear: Virus surge would have led him to issue mask order
- Baptist Health Richmond to temporarily suspend elective procedures
- PACA in-person celebration canceled, moved to virtual
- Governor: COVID policies now up to lawmakers
- Kentucky: Record numbers of COVID patients in hospitals
- Beshear names Aug. 22-28 Healthcare Heroes Appreciation Week
- Beshear critics vow to work with governor to fight pandemic
- 468 new COVID-19 cases in Madison County
- US regulators give full approval to Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine
- Louder Than Life to require COVID vaccines, tests
- CDC urges COVID vaccines during pregnancy as delta surges
- Vaccinated Kentucky state senator tests positive for COVID
- Berea Community schools to require masks for students, staff
- Beshear: Kentucky posting higher recent vaccination numbers
- COVID-19 incident rates and cases rise in Madison County
- Beshear uses ex-Trump official's words in urging COVID shots
- McConnell urges Americans: 'Get vaccinated' as cases spike
- Beshear urges Kentuckians to promote COVID-19 vaccinations
- First round of Kentucky's vaccine lottery winners named
- New coronavirus cases mostly in unvaccinated Kentuckians
- Missing man found deceased
- Boil water advisory lifted for Richmond Utilities
- Two arrested for robbery in Richmond
- Richmond man arrested after assault of pregnant woman
- Kentucky Derby winner Medina Spirit has died
- RPD Appreciation Day returns to Richmond
- Become a Kentucky Colonel
- Commission approves $60 million park project
- Two men charged with arson
- Ointment led to Medina Spirit’s failed test after Ky Derby