FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky posted lower numbers of new coronavirus cases Monday, but the governor braced the state for a potential increase in virus-related deaths after weeks of surging infections.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Slow, grinding negotiations on a huge COVID-19 relief bill are set to resume Monday afternoon, but the path forward promises to be challenging and time is already growing short. Republicans are griping that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi won't drop her expansive wish list even …
When the country abruptly went into shutdown after the COVID-19 pandemic swept across the nation, the United States Senate and House of Representatives went into action, quickly passing the CARES Act, which allocated emergency funds to those in need.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Gov. Andy Beshear reported an increase in coronavirus cases in Kentucky on Thursday but said the outbreak might be leveling off after the state was hit by a surge earlier this month.
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi will require that masks be worn on the House floor after a Republican member of Congress tested positive for the coronavirus. The member, Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert, often shunned wearing masks and was known to vote without one.
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump on Wednesday dismissed Democratic demands for aid to cash-strapped cities in a new coronavirus relief package and lashed out at Republican allies as talks stalemated over assistance for millions of Americans. Another lawmaker tested positive for the virus.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky posted higher numbers of coronavirus cases Wednesday, but the governor said the state has avoided a much-larger escalation even as he warned “we are nowhere near out of the woods."
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. officials say Russian intelligence officers are spreading disinformation about the coronavirus pandemic through English-language websites, trying to exploit a crisis that America is struggling to contain before the presidential election in November.
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump issued a stout defense Tuesday of a disproved use of a malaria drug as a treatment for the coronavirus, hours after social media companies moved to take down videos promoting its use as potentially harmful misinformation.
WASHINGTON (AP) — A day of shuttle diplomacy on Capitol Hill over a coronavirus aid package produced few results Tuesday, with stark differences between the $3 trillion proposal from Democrats and $1 trillion counteroffer from Republicans as millions of Americans' jobless benefits, school re…
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Gov. Andy Beshear expressed hope that a fairly stable number of coronavirus cases reported Tuesday in Kentucky signals his mask-wearing mandate might be “starting to kick in and help.”
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky's Republican secretary of state said Tuesday he'll press to make more polling places available and count ballots faster in the November general election than in last month's primary.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Criminal jury trials may resume next week in Kentucky, but civil trials are still a couple of months away, the state Supreme Court said.
Presley Lochmueller picked out the dress she planned on wearing to the Pattie A. Clay Auxiliary Charity Ball (PACA) long before the COVID-19 epidemic swept into Kentucky.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky's governor on Monday ordered that bars close and restaurants scale back indoor service and recommended that school districts wait until late August to resume in-person classes in a new round of actions to combat a surge in coronavirus cases.
The world's biggest COVID-19 vaccine study got underway Monday with the first of 30,000 planned volunteers helping to test shots created by the U.S. government -- one of several candidates in the final stretch of the global vaccine race.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear said Sunday he plans to announce further action Monday aimed at preventing the spread of the coronavirus.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky's surging coronavirus outbreak continued Saturday with more than 800 new cases reported as the state struggles to slow the escalation.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky will extend its contract with an outside company hired to help work through a backlog of unemployment claims amid the coronavirus outbreak, Gov. Andy Beshear said Friday.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is set to unveil a $1 trillion COVID-19 rescue package on Thursday, pushing past a Republican revolt over big spending and differences with the White House as the virus crisis worsens.
We’ve all heard of “herd immunity” in connection with the COVID-19 outbreak. The thought is that as soon as enough people contract a disease, there are enough people immune to it to slow down its spread.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (KT) - While there were still more than 500 new cases of the coronavirus reported in Kentucky on Wednesday, the number is less than many days over the past two weeks.
When Alvina Maynard said she is "saving the world with alpacas" on her family's 32-acre alpaca ranch in Madison County, she said she was typically joking.
It was the difference between day and night for Jay Sanders when he got the call that said a Harrison County resident would be the first one in Kentucky to have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
RADCLIFF, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky couple who refused to sign a self-isolation order when one tested positive for the coronavirus said they were placed under house arrest.
FRANKFORT, Ky (AP) -- Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear announced new limits on social gatherings and a travel advisory Monday as COVID-19 cases surged to new highs over the weekend.
Several local business owners are combining their efforts for a good cause: to help raise money for the nonprofit Hannah’s Care Packages, through Brews, Beards and a Band.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (KT) - Gov. Andy Beshear reported the highest single-day total of new cases of the coronavirus on Sunday, nearly 1,000, along with a high number of new cases among children.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (KT) -- Kentucky recorded another high number of new cases of COVID-19 on Friday with 531, the third-highest day on record, according to Gov. Andy Beshear.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky's highest court on Friday blocked lower courts from suspending the governor's emergency orders related to the coronavirus pandemic pending its own review.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky judge signaled that he intends to sign an order blocking all of Gov. Andy Beshear's emergency orders stemming from the coronavirus outbreak, the state's attorney general said Friday.
The Madison County Health Department continues to receive reports from the public about individuals and businesses not complying with Gov. Andy Beshear's mask mandate.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (KT) - Attorney General Daniel Cameron, in a 33-page motion, is asking a state judge block all of Gov. Andy Beshear’s COVID-19 orders and stop him from making or enforcing any future ones.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (KT) - Kentucky had nearly a record number of new cases of the coronavirus on Tuesday, according to figures released by Gov. Andy Beshear.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Having lost another round in legal fights over some of his coronavirus-related actions, Kentucky's governor signaled Monday that he's ready for the state's highest court to settle the disputes.
Anyone who dined in at the Somerset Cracker Barrel between June 27 and July 11 is asked to consider getting tested for COVID-19, according to the Lake Cumberland District Health Department.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (KT) -- Kentucky is closing in on 20,000 total cases of the coronavirus, according to figures released by Gov. Andy Beshear on Sunday.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron has asked a county judge to rule on the legality of the governor's recent executive order requiring masks in public.
FRANKFORT (KT) — The investigation into the fatal shooting of a Louisville man, after someone reportedly opened fire on Louisville Police and Kentucky National Guardsmen, has determined a bullet from a Guardsman’s weapon caused the fatal wound.
In efforts to limit the continuing spread of the coronavirus, patients, family members, visitors, staff and vendors must wear a face mask at all times while in the Baptist Health Richmond location.
HODGENVILLE, Ky. (AP) — The Abraham Lincoln Birthplace in Kentucky is increasing visitor access and services this week with guidance from government health officials about the coronavirus pandemic.
For weeks Samantha Clarke calmly listened to the insults and threats directed daily at her and her employees by people who learned they couldn't enter the Modesto, California, store without wearing a mask and following other coronavirus-related rules.
NEW YORK (AP) — With New York City poised to reopen after a more than two-month coronavirus shutdown, officials on Sunday lifted a curfew that was in place amid protests of police brutality and racial injustice. But they also urged that demonstrators be tested for COVID-19.
The Richmond Raceway roared back into action on Saturday with an incredibly busy card of racing.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Biologist Carlos Ruiz has spent a quarter-century working to save golden lion tamarins, the charismatic long-maned monkeys native to Brazil’s Atlantic Forest.
Because of disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic, Richmond Parks and Recreation has transformed its annual summer camp program to an at-home summer camp.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Health officials in Kentucky's largest city are urging protesters to get tested for the coronavirus.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (KT) - Another big spike in cases of the coronavirus in Kentucky was reported Thursday at Gov. Andy Beshear’s daily press briefing.
U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) announced Wednesday the Kentucky Hospital Research and Education Foundation, an arm of the Kentucky Hospital Association (KHA), will receive $1,805,649 to respond to the coronavirus pandemic.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — A 9-month-old who tested positive for COVID-19 was among eight more people whose deaths were related to the coronavirus in Kentucky, Gov. Andy Beshear announced Wednesday.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear said Wednesday that he has reached agreement with top lawmakers on adjusting state transportation spending without a special legislative session.
Calling it a "very difficult budget situation to be in," in light of global pandemic, Berea Mayor Bruce Fraley and the city's council approved the first reading of the 2021 fiscal year budget.
WINCHESTER, Ky. (AP) — Day use recreation sites at Daniel Boone National Forest are reopening after being temporarily shut down due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Since the coronavirus pandemic began, Kentucky food banks have seen a 30% increase in use according to Ryan Quarles, the state’s agriculture commissioner.
Coronavirus cases showed a big drop on Sunday, but jumped again on Monday to a number similar to the elevated numbers seen near the end of last week. Prior to the elevation in numbers late last week, the state had seen a downward trend for almost two weeks.
- Madison County reports 20 new coronavirus cases; more than 800 statewide
- Kentucky extends contract for help processing jobless claims
- Kentucky sees second-highest day of COVID-19 cases
- McConnell set to unveil new virus aid, despite GOP revolt
- One MCDC inmate positive for COVID-19
- Health officials warn that 'herd immunity' may not be possible with COVID
- Reported virus numbers down slightly from previous days
- 'Saving the world with alpacas': Local family farm helping with COVID-19 research
- Health department discusses contact tracing
- Still fighting the figurative fire: Fire chief looks back at Kentucky’s first confirmed case of COVID-19
- Couple who wouldn't sign isolation order put on house arrest
- Kentucky Gov. Beshear issues travel advisory as cases rise
- Event to raise money for Hannah's Care Packages
- Beshear says 979 new cases ‘wakeup call for everybody’
- Secretary of State sends out call for poll workers
- Daniel Boone Festival canceled for 2020
- Beshear says battling COVID ‘about us coming together’
- State Supreme Court blocks efforts to suspend COVID-19 rules
- Free therapy session Wednesday
- AG: Judge signals intention to block governor's virus order
- Madison County Health Department responding to complaints
- Richmond Chamber impacted by COVID-19
- AG Cameron seeks to block governor’s COVID-19 orders
- Highest number of cases reported Tuesday
- ‘What we face is very, very real,’ Beshear says of 576 new cases
- Judge declines to block rulings on COVID-19 restrictions
- LCDHD confirms COVID-19 outbreak at Cracker Barrel
- Kentucky nears 20,000 total COVID-cases, 3 new deaths Sunday
- Shortline Pike Connector improves quality of life
- Kentucky Attorney General challenges governor's mask mandate
- Richmond Raceway ready to welcome back fans
- Three cases of COVID-19 at Madison County daycare
- Kentucky Gov. Beshear issues face mask mandate in public
- Bipartisan legislation being drafted to restrict no-knock warrants
- BREAKING: KidsFest and Millstone Festival canceled
- Fall Contingency Task Force announces more changes for upcoming semester
- 2 lawsuits filed over coronavirus orders in Kentucky
- Five former Carter inmates have COVID: Women are part of state group removed from jail
- IT'S BEEN CHALLENGING: Richmond Little League returns to action, new guidelines
- Virus toll unclear in nation’s nursing homes
- Berea Backs the Blue event scheduled for Saturday
- Alamo Ice opens in Richmond
- Cartwheeling through school lands award for local teacher
- Funeral arrangements set for Steven Frazier
- IT Employee suspended for 60 days with pay
- Hundreds attend Berea Backs the Blue march
- Buc-ee's to come to Richmond
- Madison County remembers Philbin visit in wake of death
- Madison County woman receives foreign seeds in mail
- OVC FOOTBALL: EKU still planning on 11-game season