On Friday, applications for relief grant funds for small, local businesses went live on the city of Richmond's website.
As vaccinations continue across the U.S., some companies are offering financial incentives to encourage their workers to get the shots.
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — President-elect Joe Biden unveiled a $1.9 trillion coronavirus plan Thursday to end “a crisis of deep human suffering” by speeding up vaccines and pumping out financial help to those struggling with the pandemic’s prolonged economic fallout.
FRANKFORT (AP) — Kentucky will ramp up COVID-19 vaccinations by partnering with Kroger to create inoculation centers that will expand the groups of people receiving shots, Gov. Andy Beshear said Thursday.
FRANKFORT (AP) — Gov. Andy Beshear has signed an executive order setting in motion the distribution of one-time payments for thousands of unemployed Kentuckians.
At their first meeting of the New Year, the Madison County Fiscal Court recognized and honored the late District 1 Magistrate Larry Combs' passing in several ways.
"We did a U-turn and stomped on the accelerator," the Madison County Health Department tweeted when they reported their second single-highest day of case numbers since the pandemic began.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Graffiti proclaiming COVID-19 as a fraud was spray-painted on the home mailbox of Kentucky's top public health official in an action that Gov. Andy Beshear denounced Monday as an attempt to “create fear.”
Three additional deaths are being reported for Madison County for a total of 42 deaths related to COVID-19 according to the Kentucky daily online report as of Jan. 10.
LONDON (AP) — Queen Elizabeth II and her husband, Prince Philip, have received their COVID-19 vaccinations, royal officials said Saturday.
LOUISVILLE (AP) — Kentucky is dealing with a surge in COVID-19 cases caused at least partly by people getting together during the holidays despite warnings not to do so, officials said Friday.
Richmond, KY- The Madison County Health Department (MCHD) has created a link for Madison County residents to use to be placed on a waiting list for a COVID-19 vaccine from the health department: http://bit.ly/VaccineWait.The department announced the link in a press release on Thursday aftern…
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Protesters placed signs outside Kentucky's Capitol calling for the governor's impeachment as state lawmakers opened their 2021 session Tuesday. Another sign declared: "Make hanging traitors great again," months after the governor was hanged in effigy for his COVID-19 re…
The Madison County Health Department is providing a limited number of COVID-19 vaccines according to the priority guidelines of the CDC and Kentucky Department of Public Health (KDPH). According to a statement posted on the department's social media, they are in the phase 1A and part of 1B w…
FRANKFORT (AP) — Kentucky will pick up the pace of COVID-19 vaccinations, Gov. Andy Beshear pledged Monday as he announced more than 2,300 new coronavirus cases and 26 more virus-related deaths.
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — A Wisconsin pharmacist convinced the world was “crashing down” told police he tried to ruin hundreds of doses of coronavirus vaccine because he believed the shots would mutate people’s DNA, according to court documents released Monday.
One hundred and ninety-nine cases of the coronavirus were reported after the long, holiday weekend by the Madison County Health Department.
Fifty-five cases of coronavirus have been reported at the Madison County Detention Center as of Thursday afternoon.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — More than a year before Anthony Warner detonated a bomb in downtown Nashville on Christmas, officers visited his home after his girlfriend told police he was building bombs in an RV trailer at his residence, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press. But…
FRANKFORT (AP) — Kentucky's Democratic governor has made a pointed plea for $2,000 COVID-19 relief checks, saying the larger direct payments would pump an extra $5 billion into the state's virus-damaged economy.
DENVER (AP) — A new variant of the coronavirus that may be more contagious has been found in a Colorado man who had not been traveling, triggering a host of questions about how the first U.S. case of the new version showed up in the Rocky Mountain state.
FRANKFORT —One of Kentucky’s top elected officials confirmed Wednesday he and his wife have tested positive for the coronavirus and are self isolating.
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's push for $2,000 COVID-19 relief checks was all but dead Wednesday as Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell proposed an alternative approach of loading up the bill with other White House priorities that appeared destined to fail.
FRANKFORT (AP) — Gov. Andy Beshear implored Kentuckians to avoid large New Year's Eve gatherings, calling it a small sacrifice to slow the spread of the coronavirus as he announced nearly 3,000 new COVID-19 cases and 31 more virus-related deaths on Tuesday.
LEBANON, Ky. (AP) — A man charged with two counts of murder in the deaths of a northern Kentucky couple has died from COVID-19 complications while in custody awaiting trial, an official said.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Tuesday blocked Democrats' push to immediately bring President Donald Trump's demand for bigger $2,000 COVID-19 relief checks up for a vote, saying the chamber would “begin a process” to address the issue.
FRANKFORT (AP) — Kentucky hopes to begin the next phase of COVID-19 vaccinations targeting emergency responders, educators and people 70 and older at the start of February, Gov. Andy Beshear said Monday.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Pandemic aid secured, Congress turned Monday to confront the White House on additional year-end priorities after President Donald Trump reluctantly signed a $2 trillion-plus COVID-19 relief and federal spending package that will provide relief for millions of Americans.
One hundred and thirty-two cases of the coronavirus were reported after the long, holiday weekend by the Madison County Health Department.
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (AP) — A common adage holds that you can't outrun your past, but Chris Page's accomplishments as a business owner and community leader show he has been able to leave his earlier life in the dust.
Although her murder is thought to have taken place in October of 2019, the homicide investigation of Ella Jackson has carried on throughout 2020, making it The Richmond Register’s fourth top story this year.
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump late Tuesday threatened to torpedo Congress’ massive pandemic relief package in the midst of a raging pandemic and deep economic uncertainty, suddenly demanding changes fellow Republicans have opposed.
Though most people who protect themselves with a coronavirus vaccine will never develop serious side effects, such rare cases are barred from federal court and instead steered to an obscure program with a record of seldom paying claims.
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — President-elect Joe Biden on Tuesday expressed empathy with struggling families and applauded Congress for passing the coronavirus relief bill as the nation deals with a COVID-19 surge that’s casting a shadow over the Christmas holiday.
LOUISVILLE (AP) — Together with top state lawmakers, Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear and his wife, first lady Britainy Beshear, received COVID-19 vaccinations Tuesday.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Congress passed a $900 billion pandemic relief package Monday night that would finally deliver long-sought cash to businesses and individuals and resources to vaccinate a nation confronting a frightening surge in COVID-19 cases and deaths.
LOUISVILLE (AP) — Several Kentucky long-term care facilities have started vaccinating their residents, Governor Andy Beshear announced Monday.
LOUISVILLE (AP) — Facing a continued surge of new cases of COVID-19, Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear said Friday that the state's residents should remain vigilant in following social distancing through the Christmas holiday.
WASHINGTON (AP) — With a key issue proving difficult to resolve, a midnight government shutdown loomed ominously closer Friday though congressional negotiators seemed tantalizingly close to agreement on an almost $1 trillion COVID-19 economic relief package. An air of exhausted frustration i…
FRANKFORT (KT) — The investigation into the fatal shooting of a Louisville man, after someone reportedly opened fire on Louisville Police and Kentucky National Guardsmen, has determined a bullet from a Guardsman’s weapon caused the fatal wound.
In efforts to limit the continuing spread of the coronavirus, patients, family members, visitors, staff and vendors must wear a face mask at all times while in the Baptist Health Richmond location.
HODGENVILLE, Ky. (AP) — The Abraham Lincoln Birthplace in Kentucky is increasing visitor access and services this week with guidance from government health officials about the coronavirus pandemic.
For weeks Samantha Clarke calmly listened to the insults and threats directed daily at her and her employees by people who learned they couldn't enter the Modesto, California, store without wearing a mask and following other coronavirus-related rules.
NEW YORK (AP) — With New York City poised to reopen after a more than two-month coronavirus shutdown, officials on Sunday lifted a curfew that was in place amid protests of police brutality and racial injustice. But they also urged that demonstrators be tested for COVID-19.
The Richmond Raceway roared back into action on Saturday with an incredibly busy card of racing.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Biologist Carlos Ruiz has spent a quarter-century working to save golden lion tamarins, the charismatic long-maned monkeys native to Brazil’s Atlantic Forest.
Because of disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic, Richmond Parks and Recreation has transformed its annual summer camp program to an at-home summer camp.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Health officials in Kentucky's largest city are urging protesters to get tested for the coronavirus.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (KT) - Another big spike in cases of the coronavirus in Kentucky was reported Thursday at Gov. Andy Beshear’s daily press briefing.
U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) announced Wednesday the Kentucky Hospital Research and Education Foundation, an arm of the Kentucky Hospital Association (KHA), will receive $1,805,649 to respond to the coronavirus pandemic.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — A 9-month-old who tested positive for COVID-19 was among eight more people whose deaths were related to the coronavirus in Kentucky, Gov. Andy Beshear announced Wednesday.
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear said Wednesday that he has reached agreement with top lawmakers on adjusting state transportation spending without a special legislative session.
Calling it a "very difficult budget situation to be in," in light of global pandemic, Berea Mayor Bruce Fraley and the city's council approved the first reading of the 2021 fiscal year budget.
WINCHESTER, Ky. (AP) — Day use recreation sites at Daniel Boone National Forest are reopening after being temporarily shut down due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Since the coronavirus pandemic began, Kentucky food banks have seen a 30% increase in use according to Ryan Quarles, the state’s agriculture commissioner.
Coronavirus cases showed a big drop on Sunday, but jumped again on Monday to a number similar to the elevated numbers seen near the end of last week. Prior to the elevation in numbers late last week, the state had seen a downward trend for almost two weeks.
- Madison County Health Department rolls out vaccinations
- Kentucky governor vows to pick up COVID-19 vaccination pace
- Prosecutor: Wisconsin pharmacist thought vaccine was unsafe
- 199 COVID-19 cases reported following holiday weekend
- Bars prepare for different New Years Eve celebration
- 55 cases of COVID-19 at Madison County Detention Center
- Nashville man's girlfriend warned he was building bombs
- Kentucky governor backs giving larger stimulus checks
- No travel history in 1st reported US case of virus variant
- State Auditor Mike Harmon and wife test positive for COVID-19
- Trump's $2,000 checks all but dead as GOP Senate refuses aid
- Beshear: Kentuckians should avoid big New Year's gatherings
- Man charged with killing 2 dies after positive COVID-19 test
- Senate GOP blocks Democratic push for Trump's $2K checks
- Kentucky announces next phase of COVID-19 vaccinations
- House voting on Trump's $2,000 checks as GOP balks
- 132 cases, one new death reported after Christmas weekend
- A new Page: Pardon gives business owner a fresh start
- Hindsight 2020: Glenn Jackson charged and released for murder of wife Ella Jackson
- Baptist Health Richmond gets vaccinated
- Kentucky lawmaker says he's in ICU with COVID-19
- Trump threatens to torpedo COVID relief with new demands
- Rare vaccine injury claims steered to obscure federal office
- Biden addresses COVID bill, holiday pandemic precautions
- COVID-19 vaccine arrives in Richmond
- Kentucky governor, lawmakers receive COVID-19 vaccine
- Congress approves $900B COVID relief bill, sending to Trump
- Vaccinations begin in Kentucky's long-term care facilities
- Kentucky reports more than 3,000 new coronavirus cases
- Shutdown deadline looms over COVID-19 relief talks
- Winter travel raises more fears of viral spread
- Pence, top congressional leaders get COVID-19 vaccines
- US awaits word on 2nd vaccine as COVID-19 outbreak worsens
- Pilot project aims to help at home learners without internet
- Six new COVID-19 related deaths in Madison County
- Kentucky reports state record of 54 COVID-19 deaths
- First COVID-19 vaccine batches now at 11 Kentucky hospitals
- Madison County Fiscal Court awarded $547,442 grant for additional election machines
- Negotiators near agreement on long-delayed COVID-19 aid bill
- Negotiators report progress on long-delayed COVID aid bill
- Arnold responds to outcry at first Richmond meeting
- Fire tears through woodworking shop in Berea
- Madison County woman arrested after falling asleep in stranger’s car
- Madison County Health Department announces link for waiting list for COVID-19 vaccine
- UPDATED: Petition filed for Rep. Goforth's impeachment
- Evidence goes missing in case against Rep. Robert Goforth
- Madison County Board of education elects 2021 chair
- Kentucky deputy reassigned after attending US Capitol rally
- Elam's case continued until Feb. for murder and rape charges
- Richmond approves COVID-19 small business relief