We’re on the downward swing of spring. Can you believe it? If you ask me, I thing we just swing from winter to summer off and on, with barely a glimpse of spring (we’re either cold and rainy or summertime hot).
The rains a while back have certainly made the green things come alive in a hurry — the trees, grass and flowers look so beautiful dressed in their spring greens, flowery lavenders, yellows and whites. We’re so ready for summer. Did you realize the children only have three more weeks of school?
Waco Volunteer Fire Department recently responded to a garage fire on Walters Lane. Thanks to their quick response, the fire was soon under control. They also responded to a vehicular accident on College Hill Road. Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt. There was another accident close to Waco BP (one vehicle) where the firefighters were again called upon to respond. Cudos to our volunteers for doing such a great job!
Get well wishes to Patty Willis as she is recovering from her medical procedure this week. We know she’ll be up and about in no time.
Happy birthday wishes go out to Joey Freeman on April 20, Bailey Dickerson on May 3 and Jeff Rose and Charlie Lutes and Breanna Cain on May 6. What did Archie Gibbs get for his birthday a couple of weeks ago? Nope, it was not his two front teeth, according to daughter Leslie.
That’s about it for this week. Have a great one. And happy Mother’s Day this Sunday.
React to this story:
- The people have spoken: Alcohol sales move forward, golf carts come to screeching halt
- Madison County returns to orange zone
- Colleen Chaney selected as EKU’s Chief of Staff and Chief Communications Officer
- 'Fighting for Kentuckians:' Madison County, commonwealth celebrate historic step in class action opioid settlement
- Finalists announced for Unsung Heroes Awards
- Richmond man charged with manslaughter
- Alumna Karen Ann Hawkins leaves EKU largest single gift in Institution’s history
- Madison County wishes Macie Eades a happy 100th birthday
- Berea to host 21st Annual L&N Day at historic railroad depot
- Berea Schools' all-inclusive playground officially opens