The earth is the LORD's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.
Upcoming community and church events
• Mt. Pleasant District Association Annual Pre-Thanksgiving Service, Nov. 25, 6 p.m., First Baptist Church (Francis and Collins. The Theme is "Giving Thanks Always for All Things" from Ephesians 5:18-20. Special music will provided by the New Liberty Baptist Sunday School Convention Choir. A Reception will follow the program. All all invited to share.
• Pastoral Anniver-sary, Dec. 1, Richmond Predestinarian Baptist Church. Members will celebrate their pastor anniversary. Their morning guest is Rev Alvin Farris 11:30 a.m., and their afternoon guest is Rev. Ray Reed Farristown Baptist Church at 3:30. Host pastor Elder Raymond Walker. Everyone is invited to come out and celebrate.
• Christmas Bazaar, Dec. 7, 8 a.m.-2 p.m., First Baptist Church, Francis and Collins, Richmond. There will be a jewelry boutique, baked goods, silent auction and lunch available. Hosted by the Women's Fellowship. For more info, call (859) 624-2045.
• End of the Year SongFest, Dec. 7., 4 p.m., T.R.T Ministries. All are cordially invited to come fellowship for our End of the Year SongFest! When "all" God's children get together what a time of rejoicing this will be.
• Free Lunch Ministry, every Thursday from noon to 3 p.m. at Saint Paul AME Church, 437 Francis St., Richmond.
• Richmond/ Madison County Branch of the NAACP meets the first Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. at the First Baptist Church, 302 Francis St., Richmond.
To all churches and civic organizations: To place your church or civic activity in this column via the U.S. Postal Service, please send all information at least one week in advance. Address is: Church & Community Focus, 715 Bonanza Road, Richmond, KY 40475.
Send email announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All announcements must be received by 6 p.m on Tuesday of the week you wish your announcement to appear.
Until next week, may the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus stay fresh in your minds, and in all your hearts.
Until we meet again, may God bless you.