The 2019 Farm City Banquet was held on Monday, Nov. 11 here at the Madison County Cooperative Extension Office. People from all over the county came out to support, learn and celebrate agriculture in our county.
Congratulations to all our 2019 award recipients (order from left to right in photo):
• Logan Kirby, Youth Agriculture Award, Berea Kiwanis Club
• Matt Rowlette, Agriculture Award, Berea Chamber of Commerce
• Dewey Mullins, Distinguished Agriculturalist Award, Madison County Farm Bureau
• Billy Glenn Turpin, Jack Taylor Service to Agriculture Award, Richmond Kiwanis Club
• Firestone Richmond General Contractor, Urban Conservationist Award, Madison County Conservation District
• Chandler Combs, Madison County Farmer of the Year, Blue Grass Energy
• Larry Agee, Madison County Cooperative Extension, Agriculture Hall of Fame
• Alvina Maynard, River Hill Ranch, Agriculture Award, Richmond Chamber of Commerce (not pictured).
Thanks to all our award and door prize sponsors this year. They are: Madison County Conservation District, Richmond Chamber of Commerce, Berea Chamber of Commerce, Madison County Farm Bureau, Madison County Farm Bureau Women's Committee, Madison County Extension Homemaker Association, Warren Farms and Greenhouse, Madison County Master Gardeners, Richmond Kiwanis Club, Berea Kiwanis Club, Baldwin Farms, Central Kentucky Ag Credit, Blue Grass Energy, and Baldwin Ruritan Club.
A special thanks also to Dan McBride, Master of Ceremonies, Chip Denief (Senior Minister from Union City Christian Church) for our invocation, Reagan Taylor (Madison County Judge/Executive) for leading the Pledge of Allegiance and Scott Anderson (Madison County Food Service Director) for being the evening's speaker.
Farmers' Markets Have Moved Indoors
• Berea Farmers' Market: Open on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Methodist Church Community Room on Fee Street in Berea. For more information check their Facebook page or website: www.bereafarmersmarket.org. They also offer a weekly newsletter via email.
• Madison County Farmers' Market: Moved to winter location inside Richmond Mall. The Richmond Mall is located at 830 Eastern Bypass in Richmond, Kentucky. Market opened from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Get more information by checking their Facebook page or their website at http://www.madisonkyfarmersmarket.com/.
Educational programs of the Cooperative Extension Service serve all people regardless of economic or social status and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expressions, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.