- Couch to 5K Blog
COUCH TO 5K: Crossing finish line ‘a wonderful feeling’
Determination helped me cross finish line in 30 minutes — Tinsley Carter
Frost sparkled across the grass at Keeneland on Saturday morning as runners gathered around the barns, stretching and jogging to warm their muscles up. And I was one of them.
Lorie, her husband Steve and I forfeited our day to sleep in to run our first 5K race since beginning our training in January. We participated in “Run for the Hill” benefit race for Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Center.
- Feb. 28 update: 5K is six days away and I am not ready! Our first 5K is Saturday and I am scared!
Feb. 28 update: 5K is six days away and I'm not ready
Our first 5K is Saturday and I am scared! We're on our ninth week of training and we should be ready to run the race, but I am having my doubts about my readiness.
- Missing group exercise, continuing to run Unfortunately I have not been as diligent in writing my blog as I have been with exercising! It’s purely because of a lack of time! Hopefully, I’ll keep up with this better in the future.
- Feb. 14: Navigating around obstacles This week has been a challenge. Sometimes, no matter how dedicated you think you might be, there are unforeseen obstacles in your path and you must learn how to navigate around them and still meet your goals.
- Feb. 1 update: Getting, staying fit truly a commitment On Sunday, I did something that I once thought was impossible. Actually, on Wednesday, I thought it was impossible. I ran for 20 minutes straight without stopping, without slowing to a walk and without giving up.
- Jan. 26 update: C25K and trainer working miracles I don’t know if any of you watched the Golden Globes or not. I didn’t, but it was hard to avoid the red-carpet fashion. And I must say, Jennifer Aniston has some sexy legs. And I hope my workouts can produce that result on me! Not too skinny — and muscular. I think it is achieveable!
- Jan. 24 upate: Progress, not perfection It has been more than a week since our last blog update and what a busy week it has been!
- Jan. 19 Update: Inner pep talks keep me going! I can�t believe we�re already in week four of our journey to run a 5K and become healthier women. It has gone by quickly and I am really enjoying each week�s new challenge
- More Couch to 5K Blog Headlines
- COUCH TO 5K: Crossing finish line ‘a wonderful feeling’