St. Mark Catholic School ‘Live, Grow, Learn’ summer camps
Campers finished up the week with brains full of cooking knowledge and bellies full of homemade food after participating in Kid’s KrEATions, part of a series of St. Mark Catholic School “Live, Grow, Learn” summer camps.
Counselor Shapell Guest said she enjoyed this camp the most because it was so “hands on.”
Berea LIFE invites community to forum about local food
A Berea group is inviting residents who want to see increased access to local food or to learn about how doing so could benefit the community to participate in the Berea Community Food Forum.
The forum will be 7 p.m. Aug. 1 at Berea Baptist Church Fellowship Hall.
Church Calendar, July 7-Aug. 2
• Grace Chapel Wesleyan Church on Aspen Avenue, will vote on a preacher to be become pastor. All church members should be there to vote.
• Vacation Bible school, 5:30 p.m., supper, 6 p.m., programs for preschool through preteen, St. Thomas Lutheran Church. Co-sponsored by Episcopal Church of Our Saviour. To preregister, contact: Laurie Rincker, email@example.com or 200-8352; or Jessica Music, Jessica_music@ymail.com.
• St. Mark Catholic School’s “Live, Grow, Learn Camp: Totally Slimed.” For details, visit www.saintmarkcatholicschool.com or call 623-2989.
July 29-Aug. 2
• St. Mark Catholic School’s “Live, Grow, Learn Camp: Kid’s Kitchen KrEATions.” For details, visit www.saintmarkcatholicschool.com or call 623-2989.
Share the news of His good news
Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.
Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works.
(1 Chr. 16:8-9)
Jesus is our companion
I am a companion of all them that fear Thee, and of them that keep Thy precepts.
— Psalms 119:63
National Day of Prayer
“There is hope for America,” the Rev. Kenny Davis, pastor of the Bethel Baptist Church in Berea, said as he addressed a crowd of more than 200 at noon Thursday in front of the Madison County Courthouse.
National Day of Prayer observance, noon Thursday at courthouse
Madison County residents will be joining people across the nation Thursday when they gather at noon in front of the courthouse, 101 W. Main St., Richmond, to observe the 62nd National Day of Prayer.
McTeggart Irish Dancers of Lexington present Ceili at Church of Our Saviour
The Kentucky McTeggart Irish Dancers of Lexington will host a ceili at the Episcopal Church of Our Saviour from 6:30 to 8 p.m. on Friday, May 3
The event is interactive, participatory and geared for all ages and experience levels.
He is full of grace and mercy
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, for by grace ye are saved.
He hath raised us up together and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus so that in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
— Ephesians 2:4-7
We are complete in Him, Who is one with the Father
If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
- More Religion Headlines
- St. Mark Catholic School ‘Live, Grow, Learn’ summer camps