• Eastern Kentucky has won two OVC Tournament games in the same season for the first time since winning three in 2005.
• The two teams combined for 36 hits and 21 runs.
• Luke Wurzelbacher has started 19 straight games and has hit safely in 14 of those.
• Sean Hagen has reached base in 15 straight games, tying the season-best by a Colonel in 2013.
• Eastern’s recent starting line-ups have featured four freshmen — Doug Teegarden (3B), Kyle Nowlin (LF), Kenny Hostrander (2B) and Luke Wurzelbacher (SS).
• Southeast Missouri starter Will Spitzfaden allowed four runs on seven hits in six and two-thirds innings earlier this season against Eastern Kentucky. He walked one and struck out two. On Friday, he gave up six runs on six hits in one and one-third innings.
• EKU starter Matt Lynch made a relief appearance earlier this season against SEMO. He pitched one scoreless inning, allowed two hits and walked one.