• Berea community Thanksgiving service, 7 p.m., Berea United Methodist Church. The Rev. Rachel Small Stokes, associate pastor of Union Church will speak.
• EKU Orchestra concert, 8 p.m., EKU Center for the Arts.
• Home Meals Delivery board meeting, noon, EKU Baptist Campus Ministry on University Drive.
• Fibro Coffee Chat, 11 a.m., Hasting’s in Richmond Centre. For details, call Sandy, 859-228-0163.
• Richmond community Thanksgiving service, noon, White Oak Pond Church, Barnes Mill Road at Goggins Lane (behind Meijer). Lunch served at 12:30 p.m.
• Paint Lick Community Arts Center 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
• One-time-workshop. Instructor: Joseph Cross, Berea College theatre and music major. Joseph will teach students the art of paper folding, Origami. Two ready-to-hang Christmas tree ornaments will be made — a crane and a dove. Materials are provided. The fee is $10. Call the center at 859-925-2741, to enroll.
• Kirksville community Thanksgiving service, 6:30 p.m., Kirksville Community Center. Area churches will join for the potluck of appetizers and desserts, festive singing, and fellowship. The 100th anniversary of Kirksville High School will be commemorated.
• Thanksgiving dinner, noon, Rosedale Baptist Church, 411 Westover Ave., Richmond. Call 623-1771 for details about rides to Rosedale or for meal delivery for those age 60 and older.
• Thursday free-lunch ministry of St. Paul AME Church, 437 Francis St., Richmond, will serve Thanksgiving dinner from noon to 2:30 p.m.
• Contra Dance with caller Frank Buschelmann and band Berea Cast-Offs 8-11 p.m. (Beginner lesson 7:30-8 p.m.)
• Russell Acton Folk Center, 212 Jefferson St., Berea, KY. $7.00 adults; $4.00 students and seniors. Call 985-5501 or visit http://www.folkcircle.org /contra/ or BereaContra Dance@gmail.com for details.
• Hot Women and Health: Information for pre-menopausal women and beyond. Healthy Skin is Beautiful Skin, 11:45 a.m., Madison County Cooperative Extension Center. Lunch will be provided to everyone who registers by November 21, call 623-4072 to register.
• EKU Faculty Brass Quintet, 8 p.m., Gifford Theatre of the Campbell Building.
• Michael Bolton concert, 8 p.m., EKU Center for the Arts. For tickets, visit www.ekucenter.com or call 622-7469.
• Medicare 2013 Part C (health) and Part D (drug) plan comparisons and enrollment at Richmond Senior Citizens Center, 1215 W. Main St., 2 to 4 p.m. Individuals should bring a printed list of their medications, including dosage.
• Richmond Human Rights Commission, 6 p.m., City Hall, 239 W. Main St.
• EKU Trombone Ensemble concert, 6 p.m., Gifford Theatre of the Campbell Building.
• Madison Winds concert, 8 p.m., Gifford Theatre of the EKU Campbell Building.
- Local News
The Spotlight Acting School presents ‘The Best Christmas Pageant Ever’
Richmond parade postponed to Dec. 13
Richmond has postponed its Christmas parade scheduled for Friday until the following Friday, Dec. 13.
KSP “Crams the Cruiser” for families in need
The Richmond post of the Kentucky State Police will be collecting nonperishable food items Saturday during the agency’s fifth annual “Cram the Cruiser” event outside Kroger Marketplace.
First lady promotes ‘Give a Gift Made in Kentucky’ Month
Before browsing shelves of locally handmade merchandise Thursday at the Kentucky Artisan Center in Berea, first lady Jane Beshear read Gov. Steve Beshear’s proclamation designating December as “Give a Gift Made in Kentucky Month.”
Madison County Health Department, MEPCO showing solid financial footing
The Madison County Health Department and MEPCO, its home health agency, are in the black about a third of the way into the fiscal year, according to Health Director Nancy Crewe.
State to enact new regulations on disabled placards
Beginning Jan.1, the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet will be enforcing new guidelines for people obtaining disabled placards for their vehicles.
Local jobless rate up in October
Madison County was one of 96 Kentucky counties in which unemployment rose in October compared to a year earlier.
Three Richmond men charged in armed robbery
Richmond police arrested three men Tuesday in connection with a robbery that occurred Monday evening at a Villa Drive residence.
Berea Arena Theater presents: 'A Christmas Carol'
Performances are Thursday through Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets are $5. For reservations, call 986-9039.
Local police officers honored for impaired driving enforcement
Several Madison County police officers were honored Tuesday for their efforts to target impaired drivers.
- More Local News Headlines
- The Spotlight Acting School presents ‘The Best Christmas Pageant Ever’