By Ronica Shannon
Senior News Writer
For those looking for a New Year’s Eve party in Madison County, there are plenty to choose from.
Families can enjoy an evening together at Galaxy Bowling Center, 1024 Amberly Way, which is bringing in 2013 with “A New Year’s Eve Everyone Can Afford.” A special family bowling package is available from 5 to 8 p.m., a “New Year’s Eve Extravaganza” will be from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., which includes four hours of Cosmic Bowling, shoe rental, food specials, live music, door prizes and a champagne toast at midnight.
Live bands will be performing, featuring the Medley Boys and Tim Hellard. Call 624-4444 for prices and more information.
Here is a sampling of other dining and entertaining establishments with special New Year’s Eve offers:
• Acres of Land, 2285 Barnes Mill Road, is offering a special dinner for two, which includes an appetizer, two entrees, two desserts and a bottle of wine for $90. Reservations are being taken now for 5 p.m., 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. Call 328-3000.
• Madison Garden, 152 N. Madison Ave., is having a New Year’s Eve party beginning at 4 p.m. with no cover charge. There will be live music provided by The Meantime, several drink specials and free hats and noise makers for a midnight champagne toast.
• The Paddy Wagon, 150 E. Main St., will have a party that begins at 8 p.m. with a $12 cover charge. The charge includes a midnight champagne toast, party favors and a midnight breakfast. Live music will be performed by The Greatest of These.
• Copper Still, 212 W. Water St., will have no cover charge beginning at 8 p.m. with $2 fireball shots, free food and drink specials.
• Gillum’s Sports Bar, 830 Eastern Bypass, will be having a New Year’s Eve party from 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. Tickets are being sold for $25 per person or $40 per couple. The price includes most everything on the restaurant's dinner menu, party favors and a champagne toast at midnight. Music will be provided by a DJ. Call 623-2335 to purchase a ticket or for more information.
• R T’s Cafe, 1013 Center Drive, tickets are being sold for a New Year’s Eve party that begins at 9 p.m. featuring food, drinks and live music. Call 626-5628 for ticket prices and more information.