Register staff report
• Winter Trade Days, Fort Boonesborough, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., 4375 Boonesborough Road.
• Madison County Library Board, 7 p.m., at library’s Berea branch, 319 Chestnut St.
• Madison Fiscal Court, 9:30 a.m., county courthouse, 101 W. Main St., Richmond.
• Hot Women and Health: Information for pre-menopausal women and beyond. Healthy Skin is Beautiful Skin, 11:45 a.m., Madison County Cooperative Extension Center, Duncannon Lane. Lunch will be provided those who register by Nov. 21. Call 623-4072 to register.
• Richmond City Commission 4:30 p.m. workshop, 6 p.m. regular session, City Hall, 239 W. Main St.
• Berea Planning Commission business session, 6:30 p.m. Police and Municipal Building, 304 Chestnut St.
• EKU Faculty Brass Quintet, 8 p.m., Gifford Theatre of the Campbell Building.
• Michael Bolton concert, 8 p.m., EKU Center for the Arts. For tickets, visit www.ekucenter.com or call 622-7469.
• Richmond Utilities Board, 8:30 a.m., 300 Hallie Irvine St.
• Medicare 2013 Part C (health) and Part D (drug) plan comparisons and enrollment at Richmond Senior Citizens Center, 1215 W. Main St., 2 to 4 p.m. Individuals should bring a printed list of their medications, including dosage.
• Richmond Human Rights Commission, 6 p.m., City Hall, 239 W. Main St.
• EKU Trombone Ensemble concert, 6 p.m., Gifford Theatre of the Campbell Building.
• Madison Winds concert, 8 p.m., Gifford Theatre of the EKU Campbell Building.
• First Lady Jane Beshear proclaims Give Gifts Made in Kentucky Month, 10:30 a.m., Kentucky Artisan Center, Exit 77 of Interstate 75, Berea.
• Richmond Planning Commission business session, 5:30 p.m., City Hall, 239 W. Main St.
• Madison County Family Resource Centers host “Dealing with Death and Dying,” a free seminar dealing with loss, Daniel Boone Elementary, Richmond. Seminar begins with light dinner at 5:30 p.m.
• RAAC Authors’ Night, 7 p.m., Richmond Area Arts Center, 399 W. Water St. Nancy Jensen will read from her debut novel, “The Sisters.” Julie Hensley will read from her book of poetry, “The Language of Horses.”
• EKU Steel Band concert, 8 p.m., Gifford Theatre of the Campbell Building.
• A Christmas Evening in Paint Lick, 5:30–8:30 p.m. Lighting of community Christmas Tree and carol sing, 5:30 p.m. The community will gather around the newly planted eight foot Blue Spruce tree in front of the art center for the turning on the the tree’s lights and singing of carols. Opening reception for center’s new exhibit with music by Madison Community Band Clarinet Quartet and acting in a medieval style amd costume by Garrard County High School Drama Club.
• State Ballet Theatre of Russia performs The Nutcracker, 8 p.m., EKU Center for the Arts. For tickets, visit www.ekucenter.com or call 622-7469.
• “Christmas in the Village,” 9:30 a.m –1 p.m., Paint Lick. Friends of Paint Lick welcome folks into their building for raffle games, children’s crafts and activities. Santa will be at the fire station. Paint Lick Community Arts Center will feature a new exhibit, Madison Community Band Brass will play and members of Garrard County High School drama club, dressed in period costume, will perform medieval improvisational acting.
• Families Advocating for the Blind family “Get Together,” 10 a.m., Madison County Public Library, 319 Chestnut St. Berea. Rebecca Lewis will present program on “Christmas and Reading.” For details, call 986-7112.
• Berea Chamber of Commerce Christmas Bazaar, 1-7:30 p.m., College Square and Chestnut Street Square.
• Lexington Vintage Dance Society presents “A Regency Christmas,” 2 p.m., Madison County Public Library, 319 Chestnut St., Berea.
•Twilight Christmas Parade, Berea, 6 p.m.
• Family portraits at Kirksville Community Center. Finished portraits back in time for Christmas gifts. For details, call Billie, 338-6690, or Vickie, 893-3562.
• Madison Singers, “What Sweeter Music” concert, 7 p.m., First Christian Church. Tickets $10.
• “Vegetable Printed Christmas Cards” workshop, 9:30–11:30 a.m., Paint Lick Community Arts Center. Instructor Alisa Vogt will teach stamping images with vegetables to make original Christmas cards. Fee, $10, includes materials. To enroll, call 925-2741.
• AARP, 10:30 a.m., Betty Miller Center, 325 N. Estill Ave., Richmond.
• “Digital Scrapbooking” workshop, 6:30 p.m., Paint Lick Community Arts Center
Instructor: Scharme Price, daughter of photographer Warren Brunner, will show how to create digital solutions to organizing, displaying and making a gift with one’s photographs. Fee, $10, includes materials. To enroll, call 925-2741.
• The Treble Clefs, RAAC youth chorus, winter concert, 7 p.m., at the arts center, 399 W. Water St.