In other business, the commission:
• Hired Shelby Fullerton as a seasonal employee for the Gibson Bay Golf Course
• Accepted the resignations of Robin Stephens and Sara Rittenhouse from the finance department.
• Hired Aaron Gaughn as a full-time employee in the recycling department.
• Accepted the resignation of City Manager Jimmy Howard from the Richmond Industrial Development Corporation Board, effective Tuesday. Howard will remain on the board as an ex-officio member without voting rights as well as serve as the representative from the city manager's office. Howard's seat on the board will be filled by Bradley Paul Sowden.
• Passed a resolution authorizing Mayor Barnes to execute and furnish all required documentation to the Kentucky Office of Homeland Security for a project involving the Department of Homeland Security. Barnes said there was no specific project yet.
• Entered into a contract with Melissa Cook, wife of city IT Director Ken Cook, allowing her to use city software to identify, coordinate and work with local charity organizations. The order states Cook will help accomplish intercharity coordination.
Seth Littrell can be reached at email@example.com or 624-6623.