Register staff report
• Letter Carrier Food Drive. Place non-perishable items by mailbox to be picked up on Saturday only.
• EKU spring commencement, 9 a.m. for College of Health Sciences and College of Justice & Safety; 1:30 p.m. for College of Arts and Sciences; 7:30 p.m. for College of Business & Technology and College of Education. First Lady Michelle Obama will speak at the 7:30 p.m. ceremony, tickets are required. A live telecast of her speech will be presented at the EKU Centre for the Arts. All commencements are at the Alumni Coliseum.
• Gourd art demonstration by Sally Cammack, 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Kentucky Artisan Center at Berea.
Monday, May 13
• No Richmond Register delivered or on newsstands today. The newspaper no long publishes a Monday print edition. For breaking news and obituaries, see www.richmondregister.com.
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE), noon, Smokehouse Grill, Berea. State Rep. Rita Smart, D-Richmond, a chapter member, will speak. For more details, call John Wilson, 623-6776.
• DAR Boonesborough Chapter, 2:30 p.m., First Christian Church fellowship hall, 412 W. Main St., Richmond. Katherine Marchaterre will present program on History of Indian Education. For details, call Betsy Burch, 624-8908.
Tuesday, May 14
• Madison Fiscal Court, 9:30 a.m., Berea Police and Municipal Building, 304 Chestnut St.
• Youth Services Center Advisory Council for Madison Middle and Madison Central, 3:30 p.m., Phillips Building Center, 704 N. Second St., Richmond.
• Richmond City Commission, 6 p.m., City Hall, 239 W. Main St. (No 4:30 p.m. work session.)
Thursday, May 16
• Richmond schools’ Youth Service Center advisory board, Clark-Moores Middle School, 3:30 p.m.
• Madison Middle School Band spring concert, 7 p.m, the Ravine at EKU.
• Richmond Lions Club monthly meeting, 6 p.m. Gillum’s Restaurant in Richmond Mall. For details, call Justin Woolsey, 314-2815.
Friday, May 17
• Judge/Executive Kent Clark’s state of the county address to joint meeting of Richmond and Berea chambers of commerce, 11:30 a.m., county extension center, 230 Duncannon Lane. For tickets, $15, call Richmond Chamber, 623-1720, or Berea Chamber, 986-9760. No tickets sold at the door.
Saturday, May 18
• Kirksville Community Center Spring Gathering craft/vendor fair, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. For details, call 338-6690 or email email@example.com
• Woodcarving demonstration by the Berea Welcome Center Carvers, 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Kentucky Artisan Center at Berea.
• Rabies clinic, noon-2 p.m., Waco Animal Hospital, 191 Waco Loop, Waco; $5 per rabies vaccination.