Register staff report
• Presidents Day — Richmond City Hall closed; county offices closed.
• Home Meals Delivery Board, noon, First United Methodist Church, 401 W. Main St., Richmond. For details, call President Karl Park, 624-1291.
• Madison County Library Board, 7 p.m., library’s Richmond location, 507 W. Main St.
• Blood donation drive to benefit Nicholas Killin, a Model Lab School graduate who is facing major surgery, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., EKU Powell Building.
• Richmond City Commission, work session, 1 p.m. regular session; City Hall, 239 W. Main St.
• Madison County Planning Commission business session, 6 p.m., county courthouse, 101 W. Main St.
• Berea City Council, 6:30 p.m., Police and Municipal Building Auditorium, 304 Chestnut St.
• Update by state Auditor Adam Edelen on his investigation of special taxing districts, 6:30 p.m., Central Bank community room, 305 W. Main St., Richmond. Meeting hosted by Madison County chapter of the Women’s Network.
• “A Chorus Line,” 8 p.m., EKU Center for the Arts. For tickets, call 622-7469 or visit www.ekucenter.com.
• Richmond schools’ Youth Service Center advisory board, B. Michael Caudill Middle, 3:30 p.m.
• Spring adult softball league meeting, 6:30 p.m., Richmond Parks and Recreation basement, 321 N. Second St. For details, call 623-8753.
• Richmond Lions Club monthly meeting, 6 p.m., Gillum’s Restaurant, Richmond Mall. The club is involved in community service, primarily the Eye Care program. Visitors and new members welcome. For details, call Justin Woolsey, 314-2815.
• U.S. Rep. Andy Barr, R-Sixth District, addresses Richmond Chamber of Commerce, noon, Armed Forces Reserve Center, 233 Battlefield Memorial Hwy. (US 421). For reservations, call 623-1720.
• Contra Dance with caller Frank Buschelmann and band Footbridge, 8-11 p.m. (Beginner lesson 7:30-8 p.m.) Russell Acton Folk Center, 212 Jefferson St., Berea. Admission $7 adults, $4 students and seniors. For details, call 985-5501.
• Madison Fiscal Court, 9:30 a.m., county courthouse, Richmond.
• Richmond City Commission, 4:30 p.m. work session, 6 p.m. regular session; City Hall, 239 W. Main St.
• An Evening with Branford Marsalis, 8 p.m., EKU Center for the Arts. For tickets, call 622-7469 or visit www.ekucenter.com.
• GOP Ladies Club, 12:30 p.m., Central Bank community room, 305 W. Main St., Richmond. For details, call Tabitha Evans, 985-9942.
• Richmond Planning Commission business session, 5:50 p.m., City Hall, 239 W. Main St.
• Book reading/signing by Gurney Norman and Robert Gipe, 7 p.m., Richmond Area Arts Center, 399 W. Water St.
• Red Lick Volunteer Fire is having a free Chili Supper at the Red Lick Baptist Church fellowship hall, 5-8 p.m. Donations accepted at the door. With Chili cook off, bring your best chili to be judged, winner to receive prize and name on cook off trophy. See your volunteers and see the equipment that protects your property. For information, Keith Everitt 859-338-3610.
• Leahy, 8 p.m., EKU Center for the Arts. For tickets, call 622-7469 or visit www.ekucenter.com.
• Irish Festival with McTeggart Irish Dancers and Liam’s Fancy Irish Duo, 6:30 p.m., Richmond Area Arts Center; admission $15.
• Kidz Night Out, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. drop off 6 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. ONLY, at Folk Center with adult supervision, games, snacks & drinks! Must sign up by noon on that Friday by calling Berea Parks & Recreation: 986-9402