Register staff report
• Madison Community Band concert, 3 p.m., Madison Central High School auditorium (gymnasium entrance). Admission free, but donations appreciated.
• Richmond Senior Center second annual Sweetheart Chili Luncheon & Purse Auction, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Central Bank community room, 305 W. Main St., Richmond.
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE), noon, Ryan’s Restaurant, I-75 Exit 87, Richmond. American Red Cross representative will speak. For details, call John Wilson, 623-6776.
• Boonesborough Chapter, DAR, 2:30 p.m., fellowship hall of First Christian Church, 412 W. Main St., Richmond. Ed Ford, author and past president of Battle of Richmond Association, to speak. Winner of American history essay contest to be announced. For details, call Betsy Burch, 624-8908.
• Madison County Democratic Women’s Club hospitality event, 5 p.m., Madison County Public Library, 507 W. Main St., Richmond. For details, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Richmond Planning Commission special called session, 5 p.m., City Hall, 239 W. Main St.
Feb. 12• Madison Fiscal Court, 9:30 a.m., county courthouse, 101 W. Main St., Richmond.
• Waco Elementary Family Resource Center Advisory Council, 3 p.m., in FRC office.
• Advisory council of Youth Services Center for Madison Middle and Madison Central High schools, 3:30 p.m., Phillips Building, 704 North Second St.
• Gallery on Main opening reception for Ken Tunnell exhibit, “Once Upon a Place: The Fading Community in Rural Kentucky,” 5:30 p.m. Gallery located inside Community Trust Bank across street from Madison County Courthouse.
• Richmond City Commission, 6 p.m., City Hall, 239 W. Main St. No 4:30 p.m. work session.
• Berea Human Rights Commission community reception, 6 p.m., Berea Coffee & Tea, 124 Main St. Hosted by Bereans for Fairness.
• Madison County School Board special meeting, 12:30 p.m., B. Michael Caudill Middle School media center. The board will receive the district accreditation audit report from AdvanceEd.
Feb. 14• Madison County School Board regular monthly meeting, 6 p.m., Madison Central High School Douglas House Lecture Hall (gymnasium entrance).
• Opening reception, Martha Grise Photography Exhibit, 5-7 p.m., Richmond Area Arts Center, 399 W. Water St. Exhibit continues 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily through March 29.
• “Valentine’s Day Ball for Individuals with Special Needs” Dance the night away with Berea Parks & Recreation, 6-8 p.m., Russel Acton Folk Center. Event is free; semi-formal attire required. Snacks & a DJ will be provided. Call 986-9402
• Central Kentucky World War II Roundtable, 6:30 p.m., Dinner Bell Restaurant, off I-75 Exit 76, Berea. Nathan White will speak on “The 10th Mountain Division in WWII.” For required reservations, call 623-8979 by noon Feb. 13.
• Berea College music students perform fundraising recital, 8 p.m., Gray Auditorium of Presser Hall. Vocal and instrumental students will present “The Sounds of Music V.”
Feb. 16• Rotary “Diamonds and Denim Ball,” Armed Forces Reserve Center, next to Blue Grass Army Depot entrance. For tickets, $75 each, call 859-230-0908 or 624-2905.
• Presidents Day — Richmond City Hall closed; county offices closed.
• Home Meals Delivery Board, noon, First United Methodist Church, 401 W. Main St., Richmond. For details, call President Karl Park, 624-1291.
• Madison County Library Board, 7 p.m., library’s Richmond location, 507 W. Main St.
Feb. 19• Richmond City Commission, work session, 1 p.m. regular session; City Hall, 239 W. Main St.
• Madison County Planning Commission business session, 6 p.m., county courthouse, 101 W. Main St.
• Berea City Council, 6:30 p.m., Police and Municipal Building Auditorium, 304 Chestnut St.
• “A Chorus Line,” 8 p.m., EKU Center for the Arts. For tickets, call 622-7469 or visit www.ekucenter.com.