• Madison Community Band concert, 3 p.m., Madison Central High School auditorium (gymnasium entrance). Admission free, but donations appreciated.
• Richmond Senior Center second annual Sweetheart Chili Luncheon & Purse Auction, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Central Bank community room, 305 W. Main St., Richmond.
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE), noon, Ryan’s Restaurant, I-75 Exit 87, Richmond. American Red Cross representative will speak. For details, call John Wilson, 623-6776.
• Boonesborough Chapter, DAR, 2:30 p.m., fellowship hall of First Christian Church, 412 W. Main St., Richmond. Ed Ford, author and past president of Battle of Richmond Association, to speak. Winner of American history essay contest to be announced. For details, call Betsy Burch, 624-8908.
• Madison County Democratic Women’s Club hospitality event, 5 p.m., Madison County Public Library, 507 W. Main St., Richmond. For details, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Richmond Planning Commission special called session, 5 p.m., City Hall, 239 W. Main St.
Feb. 12• Madison Fiscal Court, 9:30 a.m., county courthouse, 101 W. Main St., Richmond.
• Waco Elementary Family Resource Center Advisory Council, 3 p.m., in FRC office.
• Advisory council of Youth Services Center for Madison Middle and Madison Central High schools, 3:30 p.m., Phillips Building, 704 North Second St.
• Gallery on Main opening reception for Ken Tunnell exhibit, “Once Upon a Place: The Fading Community in Rural Kentucky,” 5:30 p.m. Gallery located inside Community Trust Bank across street from Madison County Courthouse.
• Richmond City Commission, 6 p.m., City Hall, 239 W. Main St. No 4:30 p.m. work session.
• Berea Human Rights Commission community reception, 6 p.m., Berea Coffee & Tea, 124 Main St. Hosted by Bereans for Fairness.
• Madison County School Board special meeting, 12:30 p.m., B. Michael Caudill Middle School media center. The board will receive the district accreditation audit report from AdvanceEd.
Feb. 14• Madison County School Board regular monthly meeting, 6 p.m., Madison Central High School Douglas House Lecture Hall (gymnasium entrance).