The Richmond police are investigating these burglaries and thefts reported June 5-10.
• Officers were called to the 400 block of Laurel Street in reference to a burglary. The victim told officers that he returned home and noticed his 32-inch Vizio television ($340) and Sony VIO laptop ($650) were missing from his residence. Entry to the residence was gained through the back door.
• Police responded to The Jungle bar in reference to the theft of a cell phone. The victim in this case stated he loaned his cell phone to another patron so that he could make a call. The patron went outside the bar to make the call and never returned. The phone taken was a black iPhone 4 (16 GB) valued at $330.
• Police were dispatched to the 200 block of North Poplar Street for a burglary complaint. The victim stated that his residence had been broken into during that evening and his medication taken. The victim stated that about 50 oxycodone pills were taken. Approximate value of loss: $200.
• A resident in the 700 block of East Irvine Street reported that a Dell Latitude laptop valued at $500 had been taken from the residence the night before. Entry was gained through the back door of the home.
• Officers responded to a theft complaint in the 100 block of O’Roark Avenue. The victim stated an unknown brand laptop valued at $350 was taken from the backseat of her unlocked car. The victim stated the theft had taken place during the early morning.
• Police were dispatched to Kolor Kreations on Wayne Drive in reference to a burglary. An employee of the business discovered the burglary when they came to work. A small amount of cash was taken along with many products sold at the business. Entry was gained through the back door. Estimated loss: $1,587.
• A resident in the 100 block of Bradbury Pointe Drive returned home and noticed the back door had been forced open. Several items were taken from the residence including: rings ($1,400), guns ($1500), knives ($1400), old money ($300), necklaces ($200), bracelets ($100) and earrings ($200).
Total estimated loss: $4,100.
• Police were dispatched to the 1000 block of Ival James Boulevard in reference to the theft of a trailer. The victim stated that his 2002 black, 18-foot IRDO trailer was taken some time over the past couple of days. Estimated value: $1,200.
• Officers responded to a burglary complaint at Bellas Cupcakes on Wayne Drive. A bakery worker discovered the burglary shortly after arriving at work. Entry was gained by forcing open the back door of the business. Nothing of value has been reported missing at the time of the report.
• Police were dispatched to the 1400 block of Lexington Road after receiving a complaint about the theft of electrical wiring and plumbing. The owner of the building stated that entry was made through the back door of the building sometime during the past several days. Electrical wiring and piping valued at $3,000 had been removed from the building.
• Officers responded to the 200 block of Patsy Drive in reference to the theft of a trailer. The victim stated that a 6 by 10 foot, black Metcalf trailer was taken sometime in the last 24 hours from in front of the residence. The trailer has black metal side rails and a flip-up black metal ramp. Estimated value: $1,500.