RICHMOND — The Richmond City Commission on Tuesday authorized Mayor Jim Barnes to open two lines of credit with financing firms for two John Deere companies.
According to City Manager Jimmy Howard, the credit will be used to maintain new John Deere machinery purchased for the public works department. The lines of credit will be opened with Nortrax and Lesco, which represent John Deere’s construction and landscaping businesses.
In other business, the commission:
• Heard first reading of an ordinance that would regulate the use of public sewers and drains as well as the installation of private sewage disposal
• Proclaimed Oct. 21-27 as National Retired Teachers Appreciation Week
• Heard an update from Mark and Sally Love of the Salvation Army, who announced they are accepting volunteers to help with their Christmas programs
• Eden Fisher with Madison County Special Olympics announced that a fundraiser for the program will take place 6 p.m. Nov. 1 at Shannon Johnson Elementary in Bere.
• Proclaimed Oct. 24 World Polio Day.