MADISON COUNTY —
Sunday, Oct. 13
• 2nd Sunday physical fitness celebration, 7:30 a.m. Pink Boa 5K Run/Walk at Blue Grass Army Depot, 2-4 p.m. baby buggy parade, aerobics, Zumba, kettle bells, martial arts, games for kids, geocaching, cornhole tournament, other activities at Battlefield Park, US 421 north of Kingston.
• Southern Knights National Car Show, 8 a.m.-3 p.m, Fort Boonesborough State Park; admission $2 person, $5 car load.
• Kentucky Guild of Artists and Craftsmen Fall Fair, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Indian Fort Theater, KY 21 east of Berea.
Monday, Oct. 14
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE) Boonesborough Chapter, noon, Smokehouse Restaurant, Interstate 75 Exit 77, Berea. Berea College horticulturist Janet Meyer will speak. For more details, call John Wilson, 623-6776.
• Madison Middle School Band concerts, 6 p.m. sixth grade, 7 p.m. seventh grade, 8 p.m. eighth grade.
• Madison County Democratic Women’s Club, Ryan’s Restaurant; 5:30 p.m. meal, 6 p.m. business meeting, 6:30 p.m. presentation by Hope’s Wings.
Tuesday, Oct. 15
• Berea City Council, 6:30 p.m., Police and Municipal Building, 304 Chestnut St.
• Colman Elridge III, executive assistant to Gov. Steve Beshear, addresses Madison County Women’s Network, 6:30 p.m., Madison County Extension Office, 230 Duncannon Lane.
Wednesday, Oct. 16
• Talk by/Reception for Pulitzer Prize-Winning Editorial Cartoonist Steve Benson of The Arizona Republic, Giles Gallery of EKU Campbell Building; 5 p.m. talk. 6 p.m. reception.
Thursday, Oct. 17
• Youth Service Center advisory council meeting, 3:30 p.m., B. Michael Caudill Youth Service Center.
• Darlene Snyder photography exhibit reception, 5-7 p.m., Richmond Area Arts Center, 399 W. Water St., Richmond. Artist to speak 6 p.m. Exhibit on display 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday, Sept. 30-Nov. 1.
• Madison Central homecoming parade, 7 p.m., Lancaster Avenue and Main Street to Collins Street.
Thursday-Saturday Oct. 17-19
• Ghost Walk, White Hall State Historic Site, 7-9:30 p.m. $10 person by prepaid reservation only. Call 623-9178 for details.
Friday, Oct. 18
• Legislative Update luncheon hosted by Richmond and Berea chambers of commerce, 11:30 a.m., Madison County Extension Center. Reps. Donna Mayfield, Rita Smart, Jonathon Shell and Sen. Jared Carpenter to speak. For tickets, $15 chamber members, $17 prospective members, call 623-1720 or 986-9760 or visit either chamber’s website.
• Central Kentucky World War II Roundtable, 6:30 p.m., Ryan’s Restaurant, off Exit 87 of I-75. Lt. Col. Ralph Hudnall, EKU ROTC administrator, will speak on “Battle of Kassarine Pass.” For details, call Phillip Seyfrit, 623-8979.
• Madison Central Homecoming football game vs. Lafayette, 7:30 p.m.
• Deadline for purchasing tickets, $15, for Oct. 22 Berea Chamber of Commerce Industry Appreciation Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. Russel Acton Folk Center. For tickets, visit www.bereachamber.com or call 986-9760.
Saturday, Oct. 19
• EKU homecoming parade, 10 a.m., Lancaster Avenue/Main Street; football game vs. Tennessee Tech, 3 p.m., Roy Kidd Stadium.
• Meet-A-’Paca Party, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. River Hill Ranch, 680 River Hill Drive, Richmond. $2 person, children 2 and under free. Demonstrations about alpacas and crafts for children.
• Pickled Brothers Circus, 3-4 p.m., Madison County Public Library, Richmond, 507 W. Main St., Richmond.