Register Staff Report
The Berea College homecoming, Friday through Sunday, will include several events that are open to the public.
• Alumni Awards Reception, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Friday, in Baird Lounge of the Alumni Building
• Three author showcases, two on Friday and one on Saturday, at the college bookstore.
• Seven Lifelong Learning Workshops on Saturday morning and early afternoon. (For descriptions of the workshops, visit www.bereacollegealumni.com, select Events, Homecoming and then Schedule.) Workshop registration is not required but requested by calling 985-3104.
• The Main Event: Women’s basketball vs. Hiwassee, 5:30 p.m. Saturday; men’s basketball vs. Milligan, 7:30 p.m.; presentation of homecoming court, 8:30 p.m.
• Union Church worship service, 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
Among the Saturday workshop presenters will be Berea President Lyle Roelofs. From 9 to 9:50 a.m., he will discuss new approaches to teaching science in which students learn by experiencing the phenomena being studied. The approach will be illustrated through learning about the basic concept of force in introductory physics courses. Attendees should come prepared to participate, according to the announcement.
Alumni can preregister for a $10 wristband that will get them into the Block Party 9 p.m. Friday, the basketball games and homecoming court as well as the BereaFEST, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday
Registration can be done online at www.bereacollegealumni.com.