Register staff report
• Madison Southern High School bowling team hosts fundraiser and silent auction, 2-4 p.m., Galaxy Bowling Center, Richmond.
• Madco Toastmasters celebrate 33rd anniversary open house, 7 p.m., Central Bank community room, 305 W. Main St., Richmond. For details, call Jenny Rieck, 369-0069.
• Madison County Education Association will host a food drive to benefit the Madison County Schools Family Resource Centers.
• General election; polls open 6 a.m.-6 p.m.
• Berea City Council meeting normally conducted today has been postponed to Nov. 20 because of the election.
• Paint Lick Community Arts Center yoga class, 7:45 p.m., taught by Kristina Beaman. Cost is $50. Classes continue each Tuesday through Dec. 11, except for Nov. 27. To register, call the center at 925-2741.
• First discussion meeting of “Paint Lick Book Club,” 7 p.m., Paint Lick Community Arts Center. Readers will discuss “Clay’s Quilt” by Silas House. The club meets the first Tuesday of each month. For more details, call 925-2741.
• Blue Grass Army Depot will sound warning sirens today as part of a training exercise.
• Medicare 2013 Part C (health) and Part D (drug) plan comparisons and enrollment at Richmond Senior Citizens Center, 1215 W. Main St., 2 to 4 p.m. Individuals should bring a printed list of their medications, including dosage.
• Girls on the Run of Madison County fundraiser, 5 to 8 p.m., CiCi’s Pizza.
• Madison County School Board, 6 p.m., Madison Central High School in Douglas House Lecture Hall (gymnasium entrance), 705 N. Second St., Richmond.
• “An Evening With Mark Gumbert” at the Paint Lick Community Arts Center has been postponed until spring.
• Silver Creek Elementary Fall Festival, 5 to 8 p.m.
“Blue Man Group,” EKU Center for the Arts; 8 p.m. Friday; 2 and 8 p.m. Saturday. For tickets, visit www.ekucenter.com or call 622-7469.
• Richmond Kiwanis Club pancake breakfast, 7 a.m.-noon, EKU Baptist Campus Ministry, intersection of University and Kit Carson drives.
• Holiday Bazaar, 8 a.m–3 p.m. Berea United Methodist Church, Parish House, 101 Fee Street, Berea. Breakfast and lunch served.
• Christmas Gathering at Kirksville craft/vendor fair, 10 a.m., Kirksville Community Center (old Kirksville School) on KY 595. Photos with Santa, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Donations of non-perishable foods for Salavation Army accepted. For details, call 328-3030 or email: email@example.com
• Madison County Diabetes Coalition annual Diabetes Day, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church in Richmond.
• Farm-City Banquet, 6:30 p.m, Madison County Cooperative Extension Center, Duncannon Lane. For details and reservations, call 623-4072.
• Youth Services Center for Madison Middle and Madison Central High Schools Advisory Council, 3:30 p.m., Phillips Building, 704 North Second St.