• Madison Fiscal Court, 9:30 a.m., county courthouse, 101 W. Main St. Richmond.
• Career Fair, noon-3 p.m. and 4-7 p.m., National College, 125 S. Killarney Lane.
• Waco Elementary Family Resource Center Advisory Council, 3 p.m., in the FRC office.
• Southern Madison Family Resource Center Advisory Council, 4:30 p.m., Shannon Johnson Elementary SBDM room.
• Madison Middle and Madison Central High schools Youth Services Center Advisory Council, 3:30 p.m., Phillips Building Center, 704 N. Second St., Richmond.
• Richmond City Commission, 6 p.m., City Hall, 239 W. Main St.
• “Switch!,” documentary screening, 6:30 p.m., EKU Crabbe Library Room 108, Eastern Kentucky University. Subject is the future of energy and its variety of sources.
• Poetry Under the Stars, 7-8 p.m., Weatherford Planetarium, Berea College Science Building.
April 9-May 3
• Nathaniel House Art Exhibit, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Richmond Area Arts Center, 399 W. Water St.
• Fair Housing Forum, 6 p.m., Madison County Public Library, 507 W. Main St. Sponsored by Kentucky and Richmond human rights commissions.
• Business & Breakfast, 8-9 a.m., Arlington House, 1510 Lexington Road, sponsored by Richmond Chamber of Commerce. Topic is the I-75 connector. Tickets $10 for chamber members; $15 for non-members. Register online at www.richmondchamber.com.
• Madison County Retired Teachers’ Association lunch, 11:30 a.m., Dinner Bell restaurant, I-75 Exit 76, Berea. Lunch buffet is $15, all included; program by Belle Jackson, Berea tourism director.
• Hot Women and Health–Play it to Win: You and Your Health Care Team, noon-1 p.m., EKU Perkins Building. Free program includes boxed lunch. Register by April 5; call 623-4072.
• EKU Therapeutic Recreation Department day camp for adults with intellectual disabilities, 8:30-11:30 a.m., basement of Richmond Parks & Recreation Department. Activities include arts and crafts, games, exercise and activities in the gym. Contact Dr. Michelle Gerken, email@example.com or 622-2314.
• EKU Dance Theatre spring concert, 8 p.m. Wednesday-Friday; 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. Saturday, Student Success Building auditorium. $10 nonstudents, $5 students. Call 622-2171 to reserve tickets.
• Fibro Coffee Chat, 10 a.m., Smokehouse Grill, Peggy Flats Road, Berea. For details, contact Sandy at 859-228-0163.
• Blood drive, noon to 6 p.m., Richmond branch of the Madison County Public Library, 507 West Main Street.
• Empty Bowls Project, First Baptist Church, 425 Eastern Bypass, Richmond; lunch 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; dinner 4:30-6:30 p.m. For $12 donation, participants receive handmade pottery bowl, homemade soup, bread and drink. Both meals will feature entertainment by local musicians, pianist Marvin Kiper at lunch, Madison Dulcimers led by Merwyn Jackson at dinner.
• English dance weekend, Russel Acton Folk Center, Jefferson Street, Berea. For more details and registration form, go to www.berea-folk-circle.org.
April 12-13 and 17-20
• Performances of “Crowns,” 8 p.m., Berea College Jelkyl Drama Center Sign-language interpreted performance April 19. General admission $10; to reserve tickets, call 985-3300, 1-5 p.m. week days. Special prices for groups of 10 or more by calling 985-3419.
• BPD Annual Foot Pursuit 10K Race/5K Walk to benefit “Supporting Heroes,” 9 a.m., Farristown Middle School. Registration 8 a.m. Early registration deadline: April 2; register at www.active.com, Berea Police Dept. or call Berea Parks & Recreation Dept., 986-9402.
• Wine & Rose Brunch and pre-Derby fashion show to benefit Hospice Care Plus, 11 a.m., Acres of Land Winery. Tickets are $30 per person. For reservations, visit www.hospicecp.org or call 986-1500.
• Families Advocating for the Blind Annual Accessible Egg Hunt, 1 p.m., Madison County Public Library, 319 Chestnut St., Berea. This slow-paced audible egg hunt is for children with disabilities. It will be preceded by a 10 a.m. meeting. RSVP by calling 986-7112.
• SunShine Cloggers Silent Auction, 2 p.m., Clark-Moores Middle School; cake walk, toy walk, concessions and over 50 baskets to bid on.
• Reception for Berea Arts Council Community Art Show and Young at Art Exhibit, 2-4 p.m., BAC Gallery on the College Square. Exhibit open weekdays, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.