Register staff report
Berea police officers arrested Jessica Powell, 21, and Joseph Jackson, 22, both of Berea, on Monday in connection with several stolen pieces of jewelry.
Officers were contacted by a victim who said that several jewelry items at a local pawn shop had been stolen from her. Officers met the victim at the pawn shop where they identified the stolen property.
Other jewelry items that had been stolen from the victim were found at another store. The total value of the stolen jewelry was estimated at $1,800.
A short time later, officers arrested Powell and Jackson. They both were charged with receiving stolen property (under $10,000) and theft by deception.
• Samuel Miller, 33, and David Satterfield, 46, both of Berea, were charged Friday with unlawful possession of a meth precursor and Satterfield additionally was charged with possession of marijuana.
Berea officers were called to the Walgreens parking lot in reference to possible drug activity in a vehicle.
Officers found the vehicle and made contact with the occupants who gave consent for the officers to look inside, according to the BPD report.
The officers reported finding a small bag of marijuana and several items commonly used to manufacture methamphetamine were located inside the vehicle, including Liquid Fire and Crystal drain cleaner.
• A resident in the 100 block of Poplar Street reported a burglary. The victim stated that several items were taken from the residence while no one was home. Estimated loss $2,000.
• A resident in the 100 block of Valley Street reported a theft. The victim reported that several items were stolen from his outbuilding. Estimated loss: 300.
• Officers were called to the Berea Police Department to speak with a complainant about damaged property. The victim reported a vehicle had been damaged while it was parked on Jackson Street. Estimated damage: $2,500.
• A resident in the 100 block of Morning View Drive reported a burglary. The victim stated a door on the residence was forced open but nothing was taken from inside.
From May 2 to Monday, the Berea Police Department charged several with misdemeanor offenses including: one person for driving under the influence of an intoxicant (first offense); one person for operating a motor vehicle under the influence (first offense) and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia; and one person for disorderly conduct.
Anyone with information about these cases is asked to call the Berea Police Department at 986-8456.