BEREA — Berea police made an arrest Saturday in connection with a burglary at Berea City Park.
Joshua Harrison, 22, Richmond, was charged with third-degree burglary.
Officers were called to a concession stand Saturday at the Berea City Park in reference to an alarm, according to a news release.
When they arrived, they were met by Berea Parks Department employees and found that the building had been broken in to. The officers were able to view video from a security camera and get a description of the burglar.
Within an hour, officers located Harrison on foot in Memorial Park on Jefferson Street and arrested him.
Meth lab discovered in Berea
A Berea man was charged Oct. 1 after police reported discovering a meth lab.
Matthew Lamb, 19, was charged with first-degree possession of methamphetamine, carrying a concealed deadly weapon, manufacturing methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Officers saw two men walking on Chestnut Street who cut through a parking lot when they saw police approaching, according to the BPD news release.
The officers made contact with the men on North Broadway, and Lamb said he had aluminum knuckles in his back pocket, the report stated.
Lamb also told the police he had a syringe in his hooded sweatshirt pocket and meth in his pants pocket, the report added.
Officers reported finding the syringe and the knuckles, and also located a plastic bag containing suspected methamphetamine. They were able to field test the substance which tested positive for the drug, according to the report.
After arresting Lamb, the officers learned he had purchased camping fuel and lithium batteries for another person to manufacture methamphetamine, the report stated.
An active meth lab was found near the railroad tracks between the Jefferson Street and Hwy. 595 crossing and dismantled.
Thefts & other crimes
• A resident in the 200 block of Jackson Street reported Sunday that a mini-bike was stolen from the backyard of his residence. Estimated loss: $300.
• A resident in the 100 block of Adams Street reported Saturday that a 4x8 trailer was stolen from his residence. Estimated loss: $990.
• A resident in the 100 block of Lorraine Court reported Thursday that her purse was stolen from her vehicle during the night.
• Officers were called Oct. 2 to Big Hill Road near Indian Fort Theater in reference to property damage. The victim stated that two windows were broken out of a trackhoe. Estimated loss: $1,000.
• A resident in the 100 block of Adams Street reported Sept. 29 that his lawn mower had been stolen. Estimated loss: $1,500.
• A resident in the 200 block of Boone Street reported Sept. 29 that a backpack was stolen with several items inside. She stated that her roommates had a party with approximately 100 people and her backpack was stolen from inside the residence. Estimated loss: $710.
From Sept. 27 to Saturday, officers with the Berea Police Department made the following misdemeanor arrests:
• One person for operating a motor vehicle under the influence (first offense)
• One person for shoplifting from Walmart ($44.38).
• One person for shoplifting and criminal trespass at Walmart.
• One person for public intoxication.
• One person for operating a motor vehicle under the influence (second offense) and disorderly conduct.
• One person for shoplifting from Morgan’s Discount ($137.69).
Anyone with information about these cases is asked to call the Berea Police Department at 986-8456.