Register Staff Report
RICHMOND — The follow crimes were reported last week in Berea:
• Officers were called to Powell’s Towing Service in reference to a theft. Batteries were stolen from 16 semi trucks that were parked at the business. Estimated loss: $2,240.
• A resident in the 200 block of Scruggs Street reported that her laptop computer had been stolen. Estimated loss: $450.
• A resident in the 400 Block of Richmond Road reported that electronics were taken from inside her residence. Estimated loss: $2,000.
• A resident in the 100 block of Herndon Street reported that someone entered through the back door of his residence and took electronics from the home. Estimated Loss: $320.
• A resident in the 100 block of Dinsmore Street reported that tires and rims were stolen from her back deck. Estimated loss: $600.
• Officers were called to Walmart in reference to a theft. Store employees stated that a male subject left the store with 16 containers of motor oil and three car batteries in a shopping cart. Estimated loss: $582.
Misdemeanor alcohol arrests
On Sunday three people were charged with misdemeanor alcohol-related crimes. A driver of a vehicle was charged with operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol (first offense) and his passenger was charged with alcohol intoxication in a public place. Both were charged with possession of an open alcohol container in a motor vehicle.
Anyone with information about these cases is asked to call the Berea Police Department at 986-8456.