MADISON COUNTY —
Weed eater stolen from front porch
• A resident in the 400 block of Jefferson Street, Berea, reported Thursday that a weed trimmer worth $279 had been taken from the front porch of the home.
• Officers were called April 10 to the 80 block of Logston Heights, Berea, in reference to a theft. An AC unit, worth $5,000 had been stolen from the rear of a vacant home.
• Officers met with a complainant April 9 at the Berea Police Department. The person told police several of his checks were stolen from his residence. Someone had forged his signature and the checks were cashed. Estimated loss is $1,060.
From April 11 to Saturday, Berea police imposed several misdemeanor charges, including two people for driving under the influence of alcohol (first offense), one person for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia and one person for driving under the influence of alcohol (second offense.)
Misdemeanor offenses are lesser charges than felonies and carry a maximum sentence of 12 months in prison. The Richmond Register does not typically name people who are charged with misdemeanors.
A resident in the 200 block of Patsy Drive reported Sunday that her apartment had been burglarized over the weekend. Entry was gained by breaking a rear window, according to the RPD.
Missing items were a Vizio 32-inch LCD television, a blue Dell laptop computer and eight DVDs.
Estimated value of the stolen items is $1,500.
Other thefts and burglaries:
•A resident of the Hines Motel, Big Hill Avenue, reported Sunday that his unlocked room had been burglarized some time during the morning and a Dell Inspiron laptop computer, worth $500, was taken.
Witnesses report seeing a tall white bald white man wearing a gray Adidas jacket was seen taking the computer form the room.
• The owner of Madison Transmission and Towing, North Second Street, reported Sunday that a black Taurus .357 caliber revolver had been stolen from his vehicle during the previous day. The gun is worth $500.
• The owner of a vacant building in the 700 block of South Keeneland Drive reported Friday that the building had been unlawfully entered some time during the past two weeks and about $500 in copper welding wire had been stolen. There were no signs of forced entry, according to the RPD.
Anyone with information about these cases is asked to call the Richmond Police Department at 623-1162.