Register staff report
A masked man cut open a safe Feb. 4 and took more than a thousand in cash from the Brenwood Street Subway.
Police say the man entered the restaurant through the back door during the early morning hours, according to a BPD news release. He cut open a safe, took $1,553 and left through the same back door.
• A resident in the 100 block of Orchard Street reported Feb. 6 that his home had been unlawfully entered, but nothing was taken.
• A resident in the 200 block of Baugh Street told police Feb. 8 that his home had been burglarized while no one was home. Several items, worth a total of $2,085, were taken.
Shoplifter takes DVD player from drugstore
Walgreen’s store employees reported Feb. 7 that a man had entered the store and picked up a portable DVD player worth $99. He then ran out of the store without paying for the item, according to a BPD news release.
• A resident in the 100 block of Morning View Drive reported Sunday that items were stolen from his vehicle during the night. The estimated loss is $237.
• A resident in the 100 block of Leslie Drive reported Feb. 6 that parts, worth $150, were stolen from his vehicle.
• A person reported Feb. 6 that several items were stolen from his vehicle while it was in the parking lot of Kettering Hall on the Berea College campus. The estimated loss is $600.
• Walmart store employees reported Feb. 5 that a soda machine was damaged and the money inside was stolen. Estimated loss is $122.
• A person in the 200 block of South Broadway reported Feb. 4 that vehicle parts, worth a total of $500, were stolen.
Anyone with information about these cases is asked to call the Berea Police Department at 986-8456.