Sunday, Oct. 7
• “The Odd Couple” (Female Version” by Berea Arena Theatre, 2 p.m., Big Hill Road (KY 21) east of Berea. For tickets, $8 adults, $5 students; call 986-9039.
• Annual Life Chain sponsored by Madison County Right to Life, 2:30-4 p.m., Eastern Bypass between Baptist Health and the Richmond fire station. Signs will be available. Participants may bring lawn chairs.
• KBA Girls Fall Volleyball League/Clinic sign-ups. For details, call 859-219-9272.
Monday, Oct. 8
• Motion Mondays at Silver Creek Elementary for 3rd -5th grades, 2:15–3:15 p.m. Free after-school activity. Call Berea Parks & Recreation for details, 986-9402.
• Nifty Needlers, 5:30 p.m., Madison County Public Library, 507 W. Main St., Richmond. For details, call 623-6704.
• Madison County Democratic Women’s Club, county campaign headquarters, 201 W. Main St., Richmond. Pot luck meal 6 p.m.; business meeting 6:30 p.m.
• “Perryville: The Long Road Back to Kentucky,” presentation by author Kent Masterson Brown, 7 p.m., EKU Student Success Building’s O’Donnell Auditorium.
Tuesday, Oct. 9
• Madison Fiscal Court, 9:30 a.m., Madison County Courthouse, 101 W. Main St., Richmond.
• Richmond City Commission, 4:30 p.m. work session, 6 p.m. regular session, City Hall, 239 W. Main St.
• Take Back Your Temple, free weight loss support group, Fitness, Friends and Fun, 501 Mt. Vernon Road, Berea, 5:30-6 p.m. Limit of 20 per class. For details, call 985-2584.
• Madison County Disconnectors, opponents of the planned highway from Nicholasville to Exit 95 of Interstate 75 in Madison County, 6 p.m., Madison County Public Library, 507 W. Main St., Richmond.
• Parsons Dance, 8 p.m., EKU Center for the Arts. For tickets, visit www.ekucenter.com or call 622-7469.
• Free pottery workshop for ages 16 and up, 6 p.m., Madison County Public Library, 507 W. Main St., Richmond. All materials provided by the library. Register in advance at the library or by calling 623-6704.
• Waco Elementary Family Resource Center Advisory Council, 3 p.m., in FRC office. The public is welcome to attend.