Register staff report
• Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Unity march beginning at 5 p.m. at First Baptist Church at the intersection of Collins and Irvine streets.
• Martin Luther King Jr. Day Unity March, 9:15 a.m., beginning at Union Church, Berea.
• Home Meals Delivery Board, noon, First United Methodist Church, Richmond. For details, call Karl Park, 623-3961.
• Kentucky Blood Center donations, 1-6 p.m., Union City Ruritan Club, 2480 Union City Road. For more details or to make an appointment, call 800-775-2522 or visit kybloodcenter.org.
• Madison Fiscal Court, 9:30 a.m., county courthouse, 101 W. Main St., Richmond.
• Richmond Parks and Recreation Board planning session, noon, 321 N. Second St. For details, call 623-8753.
• Richmond City Commission, 4:30 work session, 6 p.m. regular session, City Hall, 239 W. Main St.
• Madison County Extension Board, 5:30 p.m., Extension Center, 230 Duncannon Lane, Richmond.
• Madison County Historical Society to discuss preservation, repurposing of downtown Richmond buildings, 7 p.m., Central Bank community room, 305 W. Main St.
• Kentucky Blood Center donations, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., lobby of EKU Powell Building. Every donor will be entered to win a $100 Visa gift card! For more details or to make an appointment, call 800-775-2522 or visit kybloodcenter.org.
• GOP Ladies Club, 12:30 p.m., Central Bank community room, 305 W. Main St. For details, call Tabitha Evans, 985-9942.
Jan. 26• Hospice Care Plus volunteer training, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Compassionate Care Center, Richmond. Volunteers needed for patient care, administrative tasks and special projects. For more details or to register, contact Julie at 986-1500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• “Swing Shift” Latin/Contra Dance Festival with caller Vicki Herndon and band BoomChuck, 2-11 p.m., Russell Acton Folk Center, 212 Jefferson St., Berea. For details, call 859-552-5433.
• “Cinderella” The Lexington Ballet, 8 p.m., EKU Center for the Arts.For tickets, call 622-7469 or visit www.ekucenter.com.
• Berea State of the City address by Mayor Steve Connelly, noon, Russel Acton Folk Center, Jefferson Street. For reservations, $15, visit www.bereachamber.com or acll 986-9760.
• Richmond Planning Commission business session, 5:30 p.m., 239 W. Main St.