MADISON COUNTY —
Board’s charge to committee
Board chair Mona Isaacs read the board’s charge to the screening committee. The position’s criteria was developed by the board as it created advertisement for the position, she said.
1. Maintain the confidentiality of applicants except as may be necessary to check references
2. Recommend three to five candidates
3. Recommended applicants are to be listed in alphabetical order and not ranked
4. Meet with the Board on July 8, 2013 for the purpose of formally recommending and discussing candidates
• Passionate about education
• Proven leadership skills
• Administrative experience
• Budgeting and resource allocation experience
• Data driven
• Innovative ideas for students and teachers
• Instructional leader
• Continue moving Madison County Schools forward
• Cultivate atmosphere of collaboration
Focus group feedback
The board also collected feedback from four focus groups with representatives from each school and comprised of certified staff, classified staff, parents and principals/Central Office administration.
Isaacs compiled a list of superintendent criteria drawn from the four focus groups:
Qualifications and experience
• Experienced educator and education leader
• Student focused
• Successful management experience
• Budgeting and financial management
• Community relations
• Understand the entire educational system and the roles of teachers, principals, administrators and staff
Skills and traits
• Integrity, honesty, trustworthy
• Effective leader
Community survey open until Friday
The board is continuing with its online and paper survey for the community.
A copy of the survey may be picked up at any school or Central Office. A link to the survey can be found at www.madison.k12.ky.us under “News Update.”
The survey has received more than 450 responses since the June 13 school board meeting and will close Friday (June 21).
The survey items are from criteria generated at the focus groups, Isaacs said. Survey respondents are asked to rate criteria according to priority.
Results will be forwarded to the screening committee early next week, she said.