The following people were indicted Wednesday by a Madison grand jury:
• Brooke Feltner, 19, second-degree escape and tampering with a prisoner monitoring device.
• Ronald Blake Penman, 22, first-degree possession of a controlled substance (heroin).
• Jonathan Wayne Wright, 34, first-degree possession of a controlled substance (heroin).
• Wilma L. Whittamore, 45, theft by unlawful taking (more than $500). Whittamore is a accused of taking property from Wal-mart.
• William A. Simmons, 29, second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument.
Referred to Madison District Court:
• Brenda V. Hamm, 24, four traffic offenses.
• Brandy Cotton, 35, two counts of second-degree wanton endangerment, carrying a concealed deadly weapon, no operator’s license and aggravated operating a motor vehicle under the influence (first offense).
Cases dismissed without prejudice:
• Delontae L. Peters, 20 (court was advised Peters has been indicted in the U.S. District Court).
• Kandacy R.Brannon, 21.
Grand jury indictments do not indicate guilt, only that grand jurors believe the state has enough evidence to proceed with prosecution.