By Sarah Hogsed
Register News Writer
A couple that was indicted late last year in sex crimes involving an 11-year-old have had more charges brought against them.
An additional child victim also has been identified, according to the superseding indictment.
Eric Nelson Kelley, 30, was indicted Wednesday on eight counts of first-degree sodomy, two counts of first-degree rape, nine counts of first-degree sexual abuse and one count of using a minor in a sexual performance.
The incidents are alleged to have occurred from October 2011 to September 2012.
The grand jury also indicted 33-year-old Deanna Lawson for complicity in all the charges against Kelley.
The indictment states Lawson was indicted for “failing to make an effort to prevent the acts … with the intention of promoting or facilitating those offenses” perpetrated against the children.
Under Kentucky law, complicity to a crime incurs the same penalty as perpetrating the crime.
First-degree rape and first-degree sodomy are Class A felonies, punishable by 20 to 50 years or life in prison.
In a separate case, another person, 59-year-old Robbie Uhrin, has been charged with first-degree sodomy involving one of the children.
Uhrin is set for a status hearing in his case at 1:30 p.m. Sept. 5 in Madison Circuit Court.
Kelley and Lawson are scheduled to be re-arraigned on the new charges at 11:30 a.m. Sept. 12. A trial date of Oct. 28 had been set on the earlier indictment.
Kelley and Uhrin were both arrested Nov. 19 by the Madison County Sheriff’s Department. Uhrin was released Jan. 3 on a $10,000 bond, but Kelley remains in jail.
Lawson was arrested Dec. 28 and also remains in the Madison County Detention Center.
Other people indicted Wednesday were:
• Nathan Michael Walters, first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance (oxycodone), first-degree possession of a controlled substance (oxycodone) and possession of marijuana.
• Christopher L. Madden, 34, first-degree possession of a controlled substance (oxycodone) and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Angela K. Burgin, 43, first-degree possession of a controlled substance (oxycodone) and operating a motor vehicle while impaired.
• Christina Alexander, 20, first-degree possession of a controlled substance (morphine) and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Tracey Short, 30, two counts of first-degree possession of a controlled substance (methadone and oxycodone).
• David N. Rigel, 20, first-degree bail jumping.
• Kelly D. Smith, 39, first-degree bail jumping.
• Ryan R. Blake, 25, first-degree possession a controlled substance (heroin), third-degree possession of a controlled substance (alprazolam) and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Robert Aaron Burton, 24, first-degree possession of a controlled substance (heroin) and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Grand jury indictments do not indicate guilt, only that grand jurors believe the state has enough evidence to proceed with prosecution.
Sarah Hogsed can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 624-6694.