Register Staff Report
Richmond police Saturday charged Jerrold A. Brannon, 43, of Cimarron Road, with second-degree assault after officers responded to the report of an attack that led to a man being sent to the hospital, according to an RPD news release.
About 1 a.m., officers were dispatched to the 600 block of Powderhorn Road. Upon arrival they met with the victim, who said Brannon had assaulted him a short time earlier.
The victim had several cuts and scrapes to his face as well as a “significant degree of swelling,” according to the report. The man was transported to Baptist Health-Richmond for treatment.
Officers located Brannon in a nearby residence and took him into custody without incident, the report stated. He was lodged in the Madison County Detention Center, where he remained Monday afternoon, according to the jail’s online records.
Man charged with drug, paraphernalia possession
Dustin Hall, 46, of Putney, was charged Friday with first- and second-degree possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia after officers responded to reports of a burglary in progress.
About noon, officers were dispatched to a residence in the 200 block of Brittany Circle. Upon arrival, they discovered a screen had been removed from a rear window which was partially open. The officers found Hall inside the residence and determined he had been given permission to enter the home, but the owner failed to leave the door unlocked.
During their contact with Hall, the officers located a backpack that belonged to him containing a syringe loaded with suspected cocaine, a spoon, a small pack of cocaine powder and eight Suboxone strips, the police report stated.
Hall was lodged in the detention center and released later that day on a $1,500 unsecured third-party bond, according to a jail officer.
• A resident of Keenfield Drive reported two of his vehicles had been broken into overnight and a number of items were stolen. Entry was made by breaking out the driver’s side windows. Reported missing: four Easton aluminum baseball bats, a maroon-and-white varsity leather jacket and about $55 in change. Estimated loss: $435.
• A complainant reported her white 2003 Mazda 6 4-door sedan, license plate 591-PRW, was stolen from an unknown location early Thursday morning. She reported dropping an unknown man off at a residence at an unknown location in the city. While there, the victim entered the house, and upon exiting the vehicle was gone. Estimated loss: $8,000.
• A resident of the 200 block of Hallie Irvine Street reported his apartment had been broken into during the day and a 42-inch Sylvania LCD television was stolen. Entry was gained by forcing open a rear door. Estimated loss: $286.
• A resident in the 100 block of Manna Drive reported his apartment had been unlawfully entered during the past day and a black Xbox and four video games had been stolen. Estimated loss: $350.
• A resident in the 400 block of Charles Claiborne Court reported her blue 2009 Toyota Camry, license plate 575-MDF, had been stolen overnight. The vehicle contained a Graco baby stroller, a Costco car seat, a Costco booster seat and a set of Titleist golf clubs in a Titelist golf bag along with TaylorMade drivers. Estimated loss: $13,315.
Anyone with information regarding these cases is asked to contact RPD at 623-1162.