Man faces multiple theft, forgery charges
Police have arrested a Richmond man and charged with with crimes involving thefts, forgeries and the fraudulent use of a credit card.
Jimmy D. Puckett, 45, Wesley Court, was charged connection with the following crime reports:
• A resident in the 100 block of Wesley Court reported April 24 that she had been contacted by a representative with Discover card fraud division and learned that several fraudulent purchases and cash advances had been made with her card during the previous two to three weeks. She checked her wallet and found her Discover card was missing. Charges and withdrawals totaled $3,522.
• A resident in the 100 block of Wesley Court told police May 14 that a Wilson bow with arrows and an old shotgun had been stolen from her home during the previous two weeks. Estimated loss: $800.
• The same resident reported May 17 that a Sony 32-inch television worth $275 had been stolen from her home during the afternoon to early evening hours.
• Also, the same resident told police May 29 that a replacement Discover card had been sent to her in April 2012 had been stolen and several fraudulent cash withdrawals had been made using the card. Seven cash withdrawals totaling $3,520 were made through transactions in Richmond and Lexington.
• The same resident reported Aug. 20 that two personal checks had been stolen from her home and subsequently forged and passed at Kroger for $95.65.
A follow-up investigation also identified Puckett, a relative of the victim, as a suspect in other thefts and frauds, according to the RPD.
Puckett was charged with two counts of fraudulent use of a credit card (under $10,000), theft by unlawful taking (firearm), two counts of theft by unlawful taking (under $10,000) and two counts of second-degree criminal possession of a a forged instrument (two counts).
An Estill County warrant also was served on Puckett charging him with receiving stolen property (under $10,00) along with a bench warrant from Madison District Court for failure to appear on previous forgery charges.
Puckett was lodged in the Madison County Detention Center.
Schnauzer reported stolen from backyard
A resident in the 300 block of Rosedale Avenue told police Sunday that his white Schnauzer named Casper has been stolen from his backyard some time during the previous day.
Anyone with information about these cases is asked to call the Richmond Police Department at 623-1162.