A Berea man was arrested Sunday after police officers, who were investigating a burglary call, reported finding 2 ounces of marijuana and various trafficking paraphernalia in an Elm Street apartment.
Shawn Hutchins, 22, of Berea was charged with trafficking in marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
When the Berea officers arrived Sunday at the site of the burglary complaint on Elm Street, they saw the apartment’s door had been damaged and was standing open, according to the report.
Inside the residence, they reported finding approximately 2 ounces of marijuana and $1,170 in cash. They also located a rolling machine, digital scales, plastic bags and pipes, the report stated.
Sex offender charged with not registering address
A man living on Dinsmore Street was charged Thursday with failure to comply with sex offender registration, and police report this is his second offense.
Christopher S. Lamb, 35, who previously was convicted of a felony sex crime, had been living on Dinsmore Street for several weeks and had not registered the address as required by law, according to the BPD arrest.
Lamb has been convicted of first-degree sexual abuse involving a 5-year-old victim, according to the Kentucky State Police Sex Offender Registry. His previous address was on Slate Lick Road in Berea.
• A resident in the 100 Block of Herndon Lane reported that a utility trailer had been stolen from her residence. Estimated loss: $700.
• Officers were called to Family Auto Sales in reference to a theft. Employees stated that 10 car batteries had been stolen from cars on the lot. Estimated loss: $300.
• A resident in the 1000 Block of Trevor Drive reported that several items were stolen from inside of his vehicle. Estimated loss: $1,175.
• Officers were called to the 100 Block of Oak Street in reference to a theft. The victim reported that copper pipe was stolen from underneath a vacant home. Estimated loss: $800.
• A resident in the 1000 Block of Burnell Drive reported that a DVD player was stolen from inside his vehicle overnight. Estimated loss: $100.
• A resident in the 300 Block of Lewis Street reported that a cell phone was stolen from inside his vehicle. Estimated loss: $40.
From Wednesday to Monday, the Berea police pressed the following misdemeanor charges: One person for operating a motor vehicle under the influence (first offense) and possession of drug paraphernalia; one person for operating a motor vehicle under the influence (first offense), one person for second-degree possession of a controlled substance (hydrocodone) and one person for operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol (second offense).
Anyone with information about these cases is asked to call the Berea Police Department at 986-8456.